Adjusted factory trigger on Ruger American Predator Creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine goes to 200 as well but, if it ever gets dry, I'm setting up a range for steel out to 600 down to 200 and paper the rest of the way.
If I ever get it done, you're welcome to come down some weekend.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bump test is simple: Cock the UNLOADED rifle and set the safety to "fire". Now bang the butt of the rifle (vertically) against the ground a few times to see if the sear releases the striker. The bump test simply demonstrates whether or not there is adequate sear engagement to keep the bolt cocked.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bump test is simple: Cock the UNLOADED rifle and set the safety to "fire". Now bang the butt of the rifle (vertically) against the ground a few times to see if the sear releases the striker. The bump test simply demonstrates whether or not there is adequate sear engagement to keep the bolt cocked.
Thanks. Just tried it and seems ok.
Took it out of the safe and was banging the butt on the floor in the bedroom when the wife walked in. She watched for a bit then just shook her head and walked out.
Ha!
Tried it a few times even went as far as firing, re-cocking, bumping...etc.
My wife thinks I'm nuts and I'm going to tell her I had a bullet stuck in the gun and was trying to bang it out.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did you like my trailer park trigger pull tool?
"Poor people got poor ways", my dad always said.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to hear! I've had triggers (on .22s) adjusted down so far that they would sometimes fire when closing the bolt. Since I shoot primarily from the bench, it wasn't a big problem, but you can see how it would be on a rifle meant to be taken afield.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger's web site says the adjustment screw, even removed, will not allow the pull to go below 3 lbs, but I did a little better without cutting the spring. Max factory is 5 lbs.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Don't try this with a Remington 700

Latest posts

Top Bottom