advice on holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped by Loopers yesterday and snapped a couple pics.
This is the deluxe version of their Best Tuckin' Holster. Is is double layered leather with an inter-changable kydex piece for different gun fits. It also has belt loops for OWB carry.

i44.photobucket.com_albums_f48_patrickcudd_1a109a98.jpg_b654a7e629f7a2af57266fecff08f298.jpg

i44.photobucket.com_albums_f48_patrickcudd_9a119f2b.jpg_57ef9ffeaf275b8ee7817001d08264ab.jpg

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tuckables with standard C Clips are of only marginal use IMO. The belt clips are highly visible with the shirt tucked and in my experience actually draw one's eye to them since they stand out as not usual. I used a Tucker Leather Tuckster for a while but stopped after being asked a number of times by various individuals what the clips were for. Even J clips are visible though they don't stand out as much as C clips.

But then I typically wear a brown belt. Maybe with a black belt the clips would have been less obvious.

Any who... I gave up on tuckable IWB's as impractical.

OF Course YMMV.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One seldom recommended is the Concealco. I don't know why. It is as well constructed as the Sparks VMII, conceals better, is more comfortable, and usually only take a month or so to get it. I really like the Sparks VMII and SSII but the Concealco is my holster of choice now. It looks different until you get it on. Try one - you will like it. The model I use (have 4 for different handguns) is this one:
http://www.concealco.com/miva/merch...ACL&Product_Code=SG-IWBS&Category_Code=051IWB

Thanks for the link. Was impressed enough to add them to my favorites list under Firearm Leather.

Very impressed with their IWBA model holster. And it had a great price at $64 with free shipping. Didn't even mind the 24 to 35 day delivery time. Decided on the spot to order one and went thru the whole order process - STOP! - right up to the point where the page said that they typically bill credit card orders 3 weeks prior to shipping. Nope. No way. Not gonna happen. Bill when it ships. Bailed out of the order process at that point and Concealco lost an order. They won't go bankrupt 'cuz I chose not to order based on early charging of the credit card but one wonders how many others have made the same decision? As an aside when checking the contact info they don't like e'mails and don't like being called except after 6PM mountain time. So no feedback to them about why they lost an order either.

Too bad. I really liked that holster.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might have bailed too quick. They didn't bill my cc but about 3 days before they shipped. I only used it once and sent them a check the rest of the time. They did cash them about a week before they shipped. He doesn't do emails much because he is a one man shop and prefers to work on holsters instead of talk on forums or email. I've used him for a couple years and have been very satisfied. I have only ordered the select grade so I can't vouch for the other models. The select grade are my best holsters (and I have many).

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased a IWB/OWB for my 26 off of ebay for $32. It is actually very close to the Crossbreed that I use for the PM9. In all honesty, I kind of like it a little better that the CB for the simple fact that on the CB, the kydex is riveted to the leather and this one is screwed to the leather. It would be simple to replace the leather with any other material I choose at a later date and easy to switch back and forth. The sellers ebay id is "t-roy-w" and I believe he is from Ohio IIRC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom