Aerobic septic system question??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My aerobic septic system is not using any bleach if anything it has gained level in the tube?(water?) I thought I was going to have to fill it every other month or so, but I filled it just after we moved in and have not filled it since. Been here over a year now. Can someone smarter than me explain how this should work????

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ours uses a chlorine "pellet" (looks like a urinal mint), but I rarely use them unless there's any smell to the water when it sprays off. You're supposed to drop one of the pellets per person per month into it, at least that's what I was told. I'm not familiar with putting bleach in it. Different systems, I guess.

okiemike

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have had our system about six months now and we have put atleast 5 gallons of bleach in it since it was installed. You might give Curtis Huffman a call he installed mine and he might be able to answer you problem his number is 918-284-7420

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've only been using ours since we moved in about two months ago.
I had to put a couple gallons in it a couple weeks ago and haven't checked it since.

Maybe I should go check it.
I kind of figured the installer didn't fill it when he put it in.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ours use the 3" tablets and are in the stream between the 2nd and 3rd tanks. We use about 20 lbs a year and have never had a problem with the system. We had the system pump last year for the first time because of solids build up in the 1st tank. The solids are paper products that did not break down and according to the company that pumped it, we went longer than most to have it pumped. It was about 6 years with a family of 4.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine uses the pellets too. I hardly ever put them in because I am extremely lazy.
Be careful about the bucket. My bucket cracked on the bottom and chlorine will soak up water. All my pellets are paste. they are ruined. and it stinks to high heaven. Prolly need to get rid of that bucket...

Latest posts

Top Bottom