It starts today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obesity is as legitimate a medical issue as any other, and it should be treated as such. I’m happy that you’re taking steps to take care of yourself, for your sake and your family.

I’d switch to diet soda or cut it out entirely and that alone might make a huge difference…drinking calories is so mindless you don’t even realize it

I try not to drink anything but water, 2% milk and coffee. If I do have a pop, it's usually one of the zero sugar varieties of Coke or Mt Dew. The diet versions of those taste awful, but I don't mind the zero sugar ones.

Day one wasn't too bad. For breakfast (around 6am) I had two scrambled eggs, one slice of toast (with butter only) a glass of 2% milk (about 6-8 ounces) and two cups of coffee. The coffee thing is gonna suck, because I like just a little bit of coffee with my cream and sugar.

Then I had two tablespoons of peanut butter around 11am. That was it until tonight. Mrs. GED and I went to see our brand new great niece who was born this afternoon. On the way home, we stopped at Arby's. I had a classic roast beef and cheddar and a bottle of water. Damn, I sure wanted some curly fries and now they have fried man-n-cheese bites! :faint:

Many, many thanks to all the well wishes, atta-boys and good lucks. It's gonna be a long journey, but I'll make it. :thumb:

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Diets suck, I do one every year at this time. Mostly to loose 25-30lbs so I can eat what I want the rest of the year (and gain it back). I just eat 600-700 calories a day for 6 days then whatever I want on the 7th, I started 23 days ago and down 18lbs, couple more weeks and Ill be done. My wife sees metabolic patients and they have great success with the shots, I bet you will do great!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you GED and best of luck. Are the Zepbound injections like an Ozempic? At your weight it seems even small things can make you shed pounds even if it's starting off with small walks around the block every day.

Haven't talked about it much on here but had a dose of reality the first day of 2024. My Service Tech at work who was a fantastic mechanic, a wonderful person and jsut a great man was 58 years old. He was about 6'1 310 lbs. His yearly blood work wasn't great but he tried to start eating healthier than his normal intake. Had hi bp, etc. The one thing he never did was get a stress test or his arteries check. He work up on Jan 1st, walked down his house hall way at 7am and dropped dead of a massive heart attack. It really made me think of my mortality, family and the lack of medical checkups a 52 year old like myself should get annually. I'm much healthier than my service tech need to do better for myself and family.

I guess my point is, congrats on realizing your need to better yourself but don't stop with a diet and taking injections. My bet is you are like me and haven't seen a doctor in years for the routine medical checkups us aged fellers should be getting. Keep us posted.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you GED and best of luck. Are the Zepbound injections like an Ozempic? At your weight it seems even small things can make you shed pounds even if it's starting off with small walks around the block every day.

Haven't talked about it much on here but had a dose of reality the first day of 2024. My Service Tech at work who was a fantastic mechanic, a wonderful person and jsut a great man was 58 years old. He was about 6'1 310 lbs. His yearly blood work wasn't great but he tried to start eating healthier than his normal intake. Had hi bp, etc. The one thing he never did was get a stress test or his arteries check. He work up on Jan 1st, walked down his house hall way at 7am and dropped dead of a massive heart attack. It really made me think of my mortality, family and the lack of medical checkups a 52 year old like myself should get annually. I'm much healthier than my service tech need to do better for myself and family.

I guess my point is, congrats on realizing your need to better yourself but don't stop with a diet and taking injections. My bet is you are like me and haven't seen a doctor in years for the routine medical checkups us aged fellers should be getting. Keep us posted.

Yeah, Zepbound is just another variation of weight loss injections. My condolences on the loss of your friend. Luckily, my BP is perfect, my cholesterol is always around 100 and I've had test after test to check my glucose level, and it's fine. Apparently if you're fat, you automatically have diabetes by default. I'm just a healthy fat boy I reckon. :anyone:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with taking weight loss meds is that when you stop taking them, you gain the weight back! I've heard a lot about semiglutide and how it can cause muscle loss so resistance training should be incorporated in your journey!

Yep... Diet is far and away the most important factor. Even how much you eat is more important than what you eat. A person can live on 1200 or so calories a day, easily. It may not be the calories you want, but you won't starve.

Portion control was my biggest hurdle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom