It starts today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep... Diet is far and away the most important factor. Even how much you eat is more important than what you eat. A person can live on 1200 or so calories a day, easily. It may not be the calories you want, but you won't starve.

Portion control was my biggest hurdle.

Yeah, mine too. Somehow, a steak the size of a deck of playing cards isn't quite enough for me. That's what I call a good start, NOT a complete meal. :disappoin

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been big my entire life. Hell, when I was born I weighed in at over 10 pounds. By kindergarten I was wearing a mens size 38 jeans and an adult XL shirt. Yeah, it's been an issue my entire life.

I never really thought I had a problem with food. I mean, I love good vittles, always have. But I didn't think it controlled my life. Maybe it has. Maybe my head is in the sand. Who knows.

I weigh myself every Monday morning. It usually goes up and down by a few pounds week after week. This morning I weighed 456. That's not the most ive ever weighed nor is it the least.

I bought these scales on Amazon. They weigh up to 600 pounds. I decided to purchase them after my last hospital trip, where I weighed in at a whopping 483 pounds. I suffer from Edema. If you're not familiar with that, it's when your blood doesn't circulate properly and your legs swell because of that. Usually to the extreme of small blisters forming and your skin bursting open.

Well, back on July 6th of 2021, mine did just that. So badly that they became infected and sepsis set in, causing me to go into septic shock. If you've never had septic shock before, trust me - you don't want it!

I can still remember it being in the 90s that day and I was sweating profusely while covered up to my chin with a blanket, literally freezing to death! I'm talkin' teeth chattering, body shaking, complete misery. I thought I was a goner. I spent 3 days in the hospital, on an IV drip of an antibiotic strong enough to :censored:ING kill a horse.

Anyway, back to today.

Like I said earlier, I can usually drop a few pounds just by cutting out soda, candy and other sweets, but a few pounds just ain't enough. I've tried every diet imaginable from Atkins to Keto, high carb, no fat, blah be blah be blah.

My son in law has been using the Zepbound injections and he has lost close to 60 pounds in about 2-3 months. He claims all you basically gotta watch is your starches and sugars.

So today I started the same thing. Hopefully it'll work. I'm gonna miss bread, pasta and taters. And I reckon I gotta go back to black coffee as well. God knows I've tried everything else. Why not this? Wish me luck!

So sorry for the novella. :sorry1:
Don't you ever apologize for the feelings you have written down in this thread! That is a big part of this process. You have recognized you have a problem and have decided to act and I wish you the best.

NEVER be ashamed of that so remove that sorry crap!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you ever apologize for the feelings you have written down in this thread! That is a big part of this process. You have recognized you have a problem and have decided to act and I wish you the best.

NEVER be ashamed of that so remove that sorry crap!

Ok...sorry for being sorry.

2369e3e1812a01cf821b1b0d0f2b6a7a.gif

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been big my entire life. Hell, when I was born I weighed in at over 10 pounds. By kindergarten I was wearing a mens size 38 jeans and an adult XL shirt. Yeah, it's been an issue my entire life.

I never really thought I had a problem with food. I mean, I love good vittles, always have. But I didn't think it controlled my life. Maybe it has. Maybe my head is in the sand. Who knows.

I weigh myself every Monday morning. It usually goes up and down by a few pounds week after week. This morning I weighed 456. That's not the most ive ever weighed nor is it the least.

I bought these scales on Amazon. They weigh up to 600 pounds. I decided to purchase them after my last hospital trip, where I weighed in at a whopping 483 pounds. I suffer from Edema. If you're not familiar with that, it's when your blood doesn't circulate properly and your legs swell because of that. Usually to the extreme of small blisters forming and your skin bursting open.

Well, back on July 6th of 2021, mine did just that. So badly that they became infected and sepsis set in, causing me to go into septic shock. If you've never had septic shock before, trust me - you don't want it!

I can still remember it being in the 90s that day and I was sweating profusely while covered up to my chin with a blanket, literally freezing to death! I'm talkin' teeth chattering, body shaking, complete misery. I thought I was a goner. I spent 3 days in the hospital, on an IV drip of an antibiotic strong enough to :censored:ING kill a horse.

Anyway, back to today.

Like I said earlier, I can usually drop a few pounds just by cutting out soda, candy and other sweets, but a few pounds just ain't enough. I've tried every diet imaginable from Atkins to Keto, high carb, no fat, blah be blah be blah.

My son in law has been using the Zepbound injections and he has lost close to 60 pounds in about 2-3 months. He claims all you basically gotta watch is your starches and sugars.

So today I started the same thing. Hopefully it'll work. I'm gonna miss bread, pasta and taters. And I reckon I gotta go back to black coffee as well. God knows I've tried everything else. Why not this? Wish me luck!

From what

Anyway, back to today.

From what I hear you are diabetic. You need to go zero sugars and low carbs. You can use products like Stevia as a sugar replacement. It take some strong will power but you can get a good life back.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what

From what I hear you are diabetic. You need to go zero sugars and low carbs. You can use products like Stevia as a sugar replacement. It take some strong will power but you can get a good life back.

I've been tested more than once. I'm not diabetic. Just fat.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am no doctor, I have diabetes so I have been around some that are and have some of the same problems with the legs swelling and infections and sore that do not heal. Watch these things. I take Ozempics and try to eat right ( it is a struggle). I am hearing of some of the problems with the injections causing muscle loss and colon problems so be cautious of it. The walking and exercise is important, take care.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Anyway, back to today.

Success at weight loss is like quitting smoking. You have to WANT to do it. I had my epiphany at 417 lbs. That was about four years ago. I'm just under 300 now with a goal of 250. I am now effectively a non-diabetic according to my A1C's, BP is normal and my overall labs are perfect. I've done nothing drastic. No surgeries! I haven't become a gym rat. I haven't become a manic jogger. I've just controlled what I eat (portion control) and upping my activity level. I log 6000-10000 steps per day.

If I can do it you can! You got this!

Latest posts

Top Bottom