It starts today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been big my entire life. Hell, when I was born I weighed in at over 10 pounds. By kindergarten I was wearing a mens size 38 jeans and an adult XL shirt. Yeah, it's been an issue my entire life.

I never really thought I had a problem with food. I mean, I love good vittles, always have. But I didn't think it controlled my life. Maybe it has. Maybe my head is in the sand. Who knows.

I weigh myself every Monday morning. It usually goes up and down by a few pounds week after week. This morning I weighed 456. That's not the most ive ever weighed nor is it the least.

I bought these scales on Amazon. They weigh up to 600 pounds. I decided to purchase them after my last hospital trip, where I weighed in at a whopping 483 pounds. I suffer from Edema. If you're not familiar with that, it's when your blood doesn't circulate properly and your legs swell because of that. Usually to the extreme of small blisters forming and your skin bursting open.

Well, back on July 6th of 2021, mine did just that. So badly that they became infected and sepsis set in, causing me to go into septic shock. If you've never had septic shock before, trust me - you don't want it!

I can still remember it being in the 90s that day and I was sweating profusely while covered up to my chin with a blanket, literally freezing to death! I'm talkin' teeth chattering, body shaking, complete misery. I thought I was a goner. I spent 3 days in the hospital, on an IV drip of an antibiotic strong enough to :censored:ING kill a horse.

Anyway, back to today.

Like I said earlier, I can usually drop a few pounds just by cutting out soda, candy and other sweets, but a few pounds just ain't enough. I've tried every diet imaginable from Atkins to Keto, high carb, no fat, blah be blah be blah.

My son in law has been using the Zepbound injections and he has lost close to 60 pounds in about 2-3 months. He claims all you basically gotta watch is your starches and sugars.

So today I started the same thing. Hopefully it'll work. I'm gonna miss bread, pasta and taters. And I reckon I gotta go back to black coffee as well. God knows I've tried everything else. Why not this? Wish me luck!

So sorry for the novella. :sorry1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom