It starts today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck with your quest. If I may suggest add weight lifting into your plan. It did wonders for me. Lost a little over 30 lbs, and kept it off for over a year now. Start out light and work yourself up to your par. I’m a member of the Senior Wellness Center in NW OKC. I would recommend this place if you live nearby. PM me if you want more info about the center and or free info on how to start weight lifting.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, just have to set your mind to it and be diligent. Twice in my life I have had to loose a few lbs. First time was critical and had an Crusty Old Dr. He said, "If you cut out all grains, bread pasta pizza crusts, cookies, cakes, everything that has any kind of grain in it. (Half the stuff in the average grocery store if you get to looking at the labels.) and all additional sugars, you can eat as much of everything else you want, meat, cheese, vegetables, etc. you want and you will loose excess weight." Really hard on the way back to work stopping by and picking up a Big Mac and yucky diet Coke, pulling off the top bun, eating the patty, lettuce and puny tomato slice and throwing the bun in the dumpster. Did what he told me and lost 14lbs the first month and yep missed eating a few things I liked, but was never hungry.

Good luck to you, stay diligent and live a longer life. We are all rooting for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom