Airport Screening Abuse Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say screw em. Opt out, make a fuss, fart while the check is going on, scream when they "touch" you and just all around do everything you can to make the experience as unpleasant for them as they are for you.

Enough people do that....this will end, I guarantee it. It's absolutely ridiculous that we spent billions on this crap, when a good $50 door lock on the cockpit would solve the entire problem.

Government is the epitome of stupid.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone suggesting this.

couple pages back:

This is a reason I'm considering getting a pilot's license if I ever make the money for it. It sure is a good incentive.

Airport screening is just part of a bigger system. Terrorists keep trying to come up with new ways to get bombs on board... shoe bombs and bombs smuggled in their groin area are some of the more recent ones. I think air marshals and armed pilots in the FFDO program are more of a deterrent against hijackings than pre-flight screening but how do you deal with the bomb issue?

What do you suggest bob? I'm really open to seeing new ideas because obviously what we have isn't working. Obviously some people will do something on their own but it's not like 10 guys are going to jump up against 5 hijackers and lay a beat down, you'd be lucky if you got 3-4 guys to do anything against them.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolute security is impossible and people need to know that. There are risks and they are not lessened by the TSA. I don't mind my baggage being x-rayed, but I disagree with it being opened unless it is in my presence with my approval. To do otherwise is an invasion of privacy.
We have to assume everyone is innocent until we can PROVE otherwise. It's the basis of our system and our way of life. To do otherwise in the name of security smacks of hypocrisy to our very foundation. In this system the bad guys do win every once in a while. In any other system they win all the time.

I fully agree with you! I can understand both sides of the arguement. It basically boils down to when are the people going to stand up and say "we can take care of ourselves" and get the ever expanding government out of our way. IMO

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to know where I can buy one of these "naked scanners".

In an entirely unrelated note, are there any contractors on the board that could install an.. uh.. let's say "electronic device" in my doorway?

If you are getting them to come through your door you are halfway there. :D

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did I say it "does nothing"?
Tell me your not gullible enough to believe it provides absolute safety. :pms2:

I was asking you a question. You asked what it accomplishes and i asked if you believe that it does nothing. If it does something then it therefore has to accomplish something.

I never said it gives us absolute safety. What i thought i said, or maybe failed to say clearly, was that even if it doesn't give absolute safety, it still does accomplish something. I don't think absolute safety is possible, but that isn't to say that screenings don't provide some level of safety. After all, it clearly only took a few box cutters to create havoc. Keeping knives and box cutters off a plane has done something towards the safety of the passengers, hasn't it?

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
couple pages back:

Sorry, I missed that.

Airport screening is just part of a bigger system. Terrorists keep trying to come up with new ways to get bombs on board... shoe bombs and bombs smuggled in their groin area are some of the more recent ones. I think air marshals and armed pilots in the FFDO program are more of a deterrent against hijackings than pre-flight screening but how do you deal with the bomb issue?

X-ray the bags if you want, but don't open them unless the owner is present and grants approval. That also allows a quick arrest if you're right.

What do you suggest bob? I'm really open to seeing new ideas because obviously what we have isn't working. Obviously some people will do something on their own but it's not like 10 guys are going to jump up against 5 hijackers and lay a beat down, you'd be lucky if you got 3-4 guys to do anything against them.

Pilots, FAs, passengers should all be allowed to carry if they want. Hijackings will stop (haven't they already anyway?) No one would try to hijack a plane if they knew there were people on board willing to fight back. Too often the people of this country are willing to let the government do their fighting for them. We've become pansies because that's what the gov wants. They even tell us to 'cooperate and give them what they want'. That didn't work too well on 9/11 did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom