Airport Screening Abuse Growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably this

[Broken External Image]

Then let's get the ba$tards that did it, not everybody else. I didn't do it, why are they harassing me?
Flying is a privilege, not a right. If you don't like that fact then take the bus. You surrender your right to privacy when you enter the airport, why is no one whining about luggage being searched? Don't mind if your wife's unmentionables are rifled through as long as they don't see your junk? What about that skid marked pair of tighty whiteys you crammed in the corner of your suitcase?

Because that's not the topic of this discussion. I'm trying to stay on topic. But yes, I hate that aspect as well.

I don't agree with the new body imaging scanners because of the human element involved, if there was A.I. that popped an alarm when it detected something suspicious and then introduced a human to wand, pat down, or search then I would be fine with the technology. Supposedly they're creating new software for the scanners to show a non-descript generic image of a unisex individual and highlight suspect areas.

Oh and getting your pilot certificate is genius. Despite the $10k in training for a private pilot certificate with instrument rating you would need to actually get around well enough to fly yourself you would have plane costs well over $100 an hour. That $70 Southwest ticket to Dallas would quickly turn into a $300-400 trip one way. I'm not saying not to get your pilot certificate, I mean it's great and all, but as a replacement to airline travel it's not really economically feasible unless you're wealthy.

I don't remember anyone suggesting this.

I drove 4400 miles my last vacation and I enjoyed it immensely.

I don't fly for my vacations. I fly for my job. I have no other choice. Should I make that my sig line?

Also, there's no such thing as absolute safety or security. We just have to do the best we can.

I agree completely, and that's why we need to stop this crap and do a better job the right way.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The answer is not treating us like cattle... But allowing pilots to pack, allowing citizens to pack... Allowing people to defend themselves instead of the government supposedly doing it for us.

^^^^^THIS!!!!!

Flying is a privilege, not a right. If you don't like that fact then take the bus.

No it's not,you pay big money for a service.Is it a privilege to pay to have your carpet cleaned or take a taxi ride??

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah the list would truly be endless. Not my point though. My point is people seem to only have an issue with something when it is an inconvenience (spelling sucks) to them. On the other hand, i do feel that government is getting way to intrusive in the private sector. Allowing pilots to pack, customers to pack is good and all, but what about the baggage being checked? Can they look through it to make sure there are no bombs? Or is that invasion of privacy as well? It's a very fine line here. If we assume everyone is innocent, the bad guys will walk right in and blow sh** up. If we assume everyone is guilty, it becomes a violation of rights. This is where the major problem lies.

Absolute security is impossible and people need to know that. There are risks and they are not lessened by the TSA. I don't mind my baggage being x-rayed, but I disagree with it being opened unless it is in my presence with my approval. To do otherwise is an invasion of privacy.
We have to assume everyone is innocent until we can PROVE otherwise. It's the basis of our system and our way of life. To do otherwise in the name of security smacks of hypocrisy to our very foundation. In this system the bad guys do win every once in a while. In any other system they win all the time.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll venture a guess that many of the people here who support these unconstitutional invasions of privacy in the name of security only approve of it because it is a Republican idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom