AK Build Party (Interest???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rust bluing? I'd give it a try. I use pj1 fast black. Its a motorcycle case coating. Goes pretty well with some ak's... u can tell they paint rather than blue or parkerize on the bulgarian ak-74. But romy g's look like parker and I've heard/read some of the others blue... maybe parker under the paint i guess. just depends on the rifle's country of origin.
Yes to $300 for a bulgy 74 w/ bbl.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could provide info on rust bluing. I've done parkerizing as well in the past, but I currently don't have the tanks for it at the moment. What type of epoxy paint have you used?

Oh and I'd be extremely interested in a vz58 build! Would anyone be interested in one as well?

Are you talking about a stamped or milled receive for the vz58r? I don't have a milling machine. Thats my next big purchase for 80% ar15 receiver builds. Only capable of stamped receiver builds at this point in time. u probably already know, I'm just trying to be clear for everyone interested.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very interested in this. Subscribing to this thread for sure. I just need to come up with the kit and compliance parts now.

Thanks for this opportunity.

mullinator79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey mullinator, do you have the tools and experience to do the gas port and pin cutout drilling on virgin barrels?
I have done kits with gas port already drilled in barrel. However, I think I can handle the task confidently. Press the gas block into place and use the gas port as a guide to drill the hole. I would buy the bit ak-builder.com sells as I trust and use his tools ($4.95). Which pins are you talking about? There are 5. The barrrel trunion pin, 2 for the gas block and 2 for the sight block. Yes they can all be drilled. We must headspace prior to drilling the barrel/trunion pin. Check out the enlarged pictures on this link... they explain it visually pretty well. http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30051

Latest posts

Top Bottom