All I want for Christmas is a new Mark III...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to share with you a recent purchase of a Mark III SS Competition Target model. I bought it off of gun broker recently...just received it last night. From what I can tell, I guess it's a 2010 model. It came in the original box with manual, lock, scope rail, 2nd magazine, etc. I don't know much about it other than that and I do have a couple of questions about it.

The grips are Ruger. Does anyone know if these came with the rubber grips in 2010? Most pictures I see show the with the wood grips.

What's the factory trigger pull on these? Mine is right at 3 lbs. Just wondering if it might have any upgrades on it already.

This is my first Mark series pistol and I'm anxious to shoot it, but it'll have to wait as this is a Christmas present I bought for myself (house rules). I know my two boys will be chomping at the bit to give it a whirl too.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What'd u give for it? That's really nice. Love the slabsides!!

They have a real nice MKIII blued 5 1/2" for $333 at sportsworld and a MKIII STAINLESS Hunter fluted 6 7/8" for i think $450.

Almost bought the 5 1/2 but I don't like the MKIII's.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What'd u give for it? That's really nice. Love the slabsides!!

They have a real nice MKIII blued 5 1/2" for $333 at sportsworld and a MKIII STAINLESS Hunter fluted 6 7/8" for i think $450.

Almost bought the 5 1/2 but I don't like the MKIII's.

Thanks

The Buy Now price on GB was $390. I knew that beat the prices at Sports World, so I snatched it up. Last time I was in Sports World, the SS Target was $430 and the SS Hunter was $510. I wanted the longer 6-7/8" barrel like on the Hunter, but didn't want to go over the $500 mark.

It is used, but you can't tell by looking at it. Has aftermarket Hogue grips and who knows what upgrades it might have internally.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Factory Hogue grips have the Ruger eagle on them. I noticed yours have the Hogue emblem. Suspect they are added on after purchase. My slabside came with checkered thumb rest wood grips.

The only Mark III I owned has aftermarket VZ G10 grips

Latest posts

Top Bottom