All right get on me But!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This friend of mine came by today to try out his new gun.He was so proud
& pulled out a new High Point 40.I looked & but did not want to hurt his feelings.

Well we took it down the hill to try his new baby out "WOW"!Well I put
up a target & told him to get with it at 20 yds.He had 8 shells in it & hit
target with a 4" group.

He then let me shoot 6 & a little better group.There big & ugly but
not a bad shooter.:clap3:
Now PLEASE!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a friend, no sense raining on his parade. The best you can do is tell him to get on the internet and learn more about it and how to keep it running good (this way he'll find out on his own). Let him shoot it for a while and then let him shoot some of yours that may be of better quality.

I've learned that you can't lead people by the nose, all it does is create resentment. But you can nudge them in the right direction. :)

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a friend, no sense raining on his parade. The best you can do is tell him to get on the internet and learn as more about it and how to keep it running good (this way he'll find out on his own). Let him shoot it for a while and then let him shoot some of yours that may be of better quality.

I've learned that you can't lead people by the nose, all it does is create resentment. But you can nudge them in the right direction. :)

+1! I have a fellow employee with a high point 9mm that thinks it offers everything that a glock or m&p offers but all we pay for is "the name" Well I want to show him the difference but its hard to do so without letting him shoot my gun. I would let him... but that would require me letting someone shoot my gun. :loser:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
+1! I have a fellow employee with a high point 9mm that thinks it offers everything that a glock or m&p offers but all we pay for is "the name" Well I want to show him the difference but its hard to do so without letting him shoot my gun. I would let him... but that would require me letting someone shoot my gun. :loser:

are you more afraid of letting him shoot your gun? or running off with it after he figures out that a glock is much better?

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Same here. I'm not opposed to buying very inexpensive firearms for casual purposes, but they have to have more redeeming qualities than price alone.

+1 There is a difference between an okay gun and one that you will trust with your life.

I hated Glocks, then I got my CCL, now all I own pistol-wise is Glock. It goes boom, be it round 5 or 500 since its last cleaning. And I know people who have done 5k without cleaning. That may not mean anything to some, but to me it means the lint and other "stuff" that gets in/on a gun while carrying it won't matter to mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom