Almost time for tax returns. What are you investing yours in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs. Plissken and I haven't seen a refund in years. The amount they take from us should be criminal. A sure way towards tax reform is to do away with withholdings and send the taxman around every quarter (or annually) to pick up a check. There would be a revolt. Then maybe we'll see a Fair Tax.

I can relate. And you are correct. If people HAD to pay their own every month or quarter like I do things would be much, much, much different.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half to a new 10/22, I need something to put that SWR warlock on, its been gathering dust for a years now, half towards a new mower. Of course if I get anything back it will only be a few hundred, but thats just fine.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow that is pretty bad...Most of the time accountants have nothing to do with how much you pay in, we just put it on paper for you.

Possibly I worded it poorly. The people I had doing them wouldn't agree with deductions I had or write-offs. Final straw was the house I just built they didn't even try to help me with the credits for spray foam and other energy efficient items. Totally hosed me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Possibly I worded it poorly. The people I had doing them wouldn't agree with deductions I had or write-offs. Final straw was the house I just built they didn't even try to help me with the credits for spray foam and other energy efficient items. Totally hosed me.
So did you end up getting all your deductions? If not have your new accountant file an amended return.

Latest posts

Top Bottom