aluminum pillars for bedding in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, I am already half way through the list that I had compiled. I was hoping someone would know for sure so it might save me a few phone calls. Thank you for the list though.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lamp nipples work great as pillars. Available in steel or brass, threaded 1/8" NPT (National Pipe Thread). I've used a pair of lamp nuts tightened against one another at the top of such a nipple to just screw it into the wood stock. Alternately, you can buy a tap in 1/8" NPT and simply tap the thread into whatever stock you're using. You can also buy the proper sized wedge style screw extractor to help you get the nipple in place in the stock. Lamp nipples are cheap, readily available, and very adaptable.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mightymouse I too have been using those for a couple of years now. It was shared with me on rimfire through a PM. The trick is to cut a slit in the top of the unit that will allow the use of a screw driver to screw it in snug and while bathed in epoxy. Sometimes I dress it up a bit with my flex tool dremel.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mightymouse I too have been using those for a couple of years now. It was shared with me on rimfire through a PM. The trick is to cut a slit in the top of the unit that will allow the use of a screw driver to screw it in snug and while bathed in epoxy. Sometimes I dress it up a bit with my flex tool dremel.
I've got a four-sided, wedge style screw extractor that I use to thread them in place. The last project I used them on was a .22 rifle, and I just threaded the lamp nipples directly into the stock. The fit is certainly snug enough for a rimfire rifle, and it saves the mess of epoxy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom