Am I the only one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks it's BS that all of these celebs makes millions while all of us hard working Americans struggle to get by to provide them with the many things that they take for granted? Don't know what got me thinking about this, but every time I think about it I get all worked up. Singers, Athletes, Actors, etc, etc. Why do they get paid so much to do something they enjoy when most of us have to do jobs we dislike just to get by? Then we get laid off and have to get food stamps and unemployment benefits just to keep our homes and provide for our families. Meanwhile these cats are out blowing over $100,000 on a car that they will probably sell in 2 months anyway because it isn't "in style" or isn't "cool" anymore.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks it's BS that all of these celebs makes millions while all of us hard working Americans struggle to get by to provide them with the many things that they take for granted? Don't know what got me thinking about this, but every time I think about it I get all worked up. Singers, Athletes, Actors, etc, etc. Why do they get paid so much to do something they enjoy when most of us have to do jobs we dislike just to get by? Then we get laid off and have to get food stamps and unemployment benefits just to keep our homes and provide for our families. Meanwhile these cats are out blowing over $100,000 on a car that they will probably sell in 2 months anyway because it isn't "in style" or isn't "cool" anymore.

Agreed. However, some "artists" arent as rich as you think. I believe recording artists, unless they have multiple albums go big, are deeply in dept as soon as they sign a contract. Most of that image, when they first get big, is paid for by the recording company. But yes, I agree.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They get paid that much because people boost them up to that status. If nobody watched NFL or MLB, none of those guys would have jobs.

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont really mind them making the kind of money that they do, after all we are the ones that are paying them. They would not be making all that money if the average joes didnt pay to see thier movies or watch them in sporting events. The money they make is obscene, but what can ya do?

What i do have a problem with is them having an "opinion" on political issues and such. 90% of them have no freaking clue how the the world works, and probably couldnt put gas in thier car if they had to. These ppl live in thier own little fantasy world with ppl to take care of thier every need.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont really mind them making the kind of money that they do, after all we are the ones that are paying them. They would not be making all that money if the average joes didnt pay to see thier movies or watch them in sporting events. The money they make is obscene, but what can ya do?

What i do have a problem with is them having an "opinion" on political issues and such. 90% of them have no freaking clue how the the world works, and probably couldnt put gas in thier car if they had to. These ppl live in thier own little fantasy world with ppl to take care of thier every need.

They can have an opinion. Just like you and I can have ours. But using their status as a public platform to press their agenda is a different story. We dont pay them for that.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They get paid that much because people boost them up to that status. If nobody watched NFL or MLB, none of those guys would have jobs.

In that case people need us to work so badly to provide the services we all provide shouldn't we get paid millions a year too? If nobody needed us we wouldn't get paid right? Nothing you say justifies why they get paid so much. Even those of us who have jobs we love and always wanted still don't get paid as much as these guys. I'm sure theres football players out there that hate football but it's all their good at so they just do it and make tons of money, and for what? to run back and forth with a ball of pig skin? (sorry if it offends anyone, I'm not a sports fan)

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that case people need us to work so badly to provide the services we all provide shouldn't we get paid millions a year too? If nobody needed us we wouldn't get paid right? Nothing you say justifies why they get paid so much. Even those of us who have jobs we love and always wanted still don't get paid as much as these guys. I'm sure there's football players out there that hate football but it's all their good at so they just do it and make tons of money, and for what? to run back and forth with a ball of pig skin? (sorry if it offends anyone, I'm not a sports fan)
But, Perrone, they do pay millions for the goods and services you and I provide. Unfortunately, those millions stop way up the ladder from us. ;)

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But, Perrone, they do pay millions for the goods and services you and I provide. Unfortunately, those millions stop way up the ladder from us. ;)

Understandable, but shouldn't it be the same for them? We pay $50 (just an example not an exact #) for a ticket to a game and they get $100,000. Shouldn't their paycheck dwindle on the way up just as ours does? I understand how it REALLY works. It just pisses me off because it doesn't work how I think it should. Lol. Every person thinks it SHOULD work a certain way, but thanks to America I have a right to my opinion :patriot:

Plus the individuals don't pay millions for our services. They pay the same price as we do for a car or furniture. Together they may pay millions. Just as together we pay millions. The difference is they get millions and we don't. There's fewer of them and more of us I know. my point is it's still BS they get paid so much while we struggle.

Then they donate to "charities" in other countries. What about us? Just like America in general. We are all about giving money to other countries to help them out. Lets help our own people out before we worry about anyone else. I see atleast 3 homeless people on the way to wal-mart which is no more than 3 miles from my house every time I go.

chefsamuel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our jobs just don't exactly peak the public interest. What we need to do is just start placing bets on the quality of everyday jobs. For instance, " I'm taking 4 to 1 odds that Bobby there will change the oil in my car in 15 minutes or less." Then we just act really excited till it draws a crowd, and viola, Bobby becomes the star of Quick Lube. Eventually as his following grows and the press gets involved, he'll get "drafted" by some big name place, Even Quicker Lube or something like that. Then he'll be makin the big bucks and we'll say, "yea, I knew Bobby, he lost a 9/16 socket in my radiator bracket once, best day of my life." (Tear)

On a side note, if you are undergoing a particularly invasive and life saving surgery, it may not be a great idea to take the long odds and choose "Shakey Williams M.D."

Latest posts

Top Bottom