Am I the only one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner

Marksman
Reaction score
Pretty simple.

Educate your fellow citizens. STOP going to movies, ball games, and other such twaddle...thus denying those empty skins their moment in the sun.

Don't blame the actors, ball players, etc....blame the masses that idol whorship.

We pay a teacher 35 grand a year to instruct our most precious resource in this country...and pay garbage 100 million a year to amuse us.

Bread and circuses, my man...bread and circuses.

Vow that henceforth, in YOUR OWN LIFE...YOU are DONE contributing to the downfall of America...by funding the lowest form of life their is...except for politicians...hollywood and ball players.

EVERY FORM of perversion is glorified by actors...and you think your chilren are not taking mental notes ????

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't go to or watch movies, nor do I watch or pay to go to sporting activities, other than to watch relatives kids in the little leagues, so I'm not supporting any of them.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks it's BS that all of these celebs makes millions while all of us hard working Americans struggle to get by to provide them with the many things that they take for granted? Don't know what got me thinking about this, but every time I think about it I get all worked up. Singers, Athletes, Actors, etc, etc. Why do they get paid so much to do something they enjoy when most of us have to do jobs we dislike just to get by? Then we get laid off and have to get food stamps and unemployment benefits just to keep our homes and provide for our families. Meanwhile these cats are out blowing over $100,000 on a car that they will probably sell in 2 months anyway because it isn't "in style" or isn't "cool" anymore.

This is America, land of the free and home of the brave. Why hate on someone that makes more then you? Want to make that kind of money? Then become an entertainer, actor or sports figures.

It's because of these freedoms that we enjoy in this country that you have the opportunity to become whatever you want. Go take some acting classes. That whole industry is so fickle literally everyone has the same chance of making it big.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My belief is that those who go Ga-Ga over celebrities or high profile people do so, because, whether they know it or not, they would want to have that same attention and be treated the same way.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the big deal? It's America for goodness sake. Go forth and prosper. Make as much as you want and live life to the fullest. There is so much opportunity out there to be had even with the current POTUS trying to kill it.

Hey if you can go make billions, more power to you. Good work.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too many people to reply to so I'll just give a general reply :)
No I don't want to be famous. It doesn't matter if I spent the next 10 years in acting school, some us of just don't have the talent. Who's to say these people should get paid so much for their particular talent when the best teachers in America take home 30k a year? I don't want to be like these people and be in the spotlight all of the time I'm just pointing out the fact that it's screwed up that it works out this way.

I understand that it is America but some of you are wrong. EVERYONE does not have the chance to make millions in life. If we did then wouldn't we all take advantage of that chance and be out there making millions? You all know that if someone came to you and offered you a job paying a million dollars a year you'd take it, but whether this is America or not that just doesn't happen does it? You can sit here all day long an say "It's not all about money" but you know it kinda is. People who make $200,000 a year are most likely more happy than people who make $30,000 a year. Why? Because they have the stuff they want. I don't know, maybe I'm just looking at it all the wrong way.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too many people to reply to so I'll just give a general reply :)
. Who's to say these people should get paid so much for their particular talent when the best teachers in America take home 30k a year? I don't want to be like these people and be in the spotlight all of the time I'm just pointing out the fact that it's screwed up that it works out this way.

It's not screwed up. It's the free enterprise system at work. When people take teaching jobs or any public service job they know before hand how much money they are going to make. If the teachers don't like it they can always quit and find something that pays better. That's what freedom is about. The right to choose.

Entertainers, entrepreneurs, inventors or teachers each deserve what they earn. This isn't a communist country. We have the freedom to earn as much or as little as we want.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not screwed up. It's the free enterprise system at work. When people take teaching jobs or any public service job they know before hand how much money they are going to make. If the teachers don't like it they can always quit and find something that pays better. That's what freedom is about. The right to choose.

Entertainers, entrepreneurs, inventors or teachers each deserve what they earn. This isn't a communist country. We have the freedom to earn as much or as little as we want.

Most *good* teachers teach because they love to teach. IMHO, $30k a year is horrible compensation for what they are providing. And people wonder why their kids' teachers are burned out by the time they are tenure.

But, you are right. This is the system we have, and the alternative isnt any better.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the teachers don't like it they can always quit and find something that pays better. That's what freedom is about. The right to choose.

Yes we have the right to choose, but you're wrong about the other part. Most of us CAN'T quit our jobs and find something that pays better. That's why we have the jobs we have in the first place. If we could all have better paying jobs then nobody would be making min. wage and nobody would work at McDonalds. Teachers is a perfect example of that. If a teacher was to quit where the heck are they possibly going to go and make more money besides teaching without spending tons more money going to college all over again?

I know our system COULD be worse, but it also could be better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom