Am I the only one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks it's BS that all of these celebs makes millions while all of us hard working Americans struggle to get by to provide them with the many things that they take for granted? Don't know what got me thinking about this, but every time I think about it I get all worked up. Singers, Athletes, Actors, etc, etc. Why do they get paid so much to do something they enjoy when most of us have to do jobs we dislike just to get by? Then we get laid off and have to get food stamps and unemployment benefits just to keep our homes and provide for our families. Meanwhile these cats are out blowing over $100,000 on a car that they will probably sell in 2 months anyway because it isn't "in style" or isn't "cool" anymore.

Wait, this from a guy with a picture of Michael C Hall as Dexter Morgan in the hit Showtime series Dexter!

Awesome this post is so full of win!

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, most actors & musicians have to pay for their own healthcare coverage. Now if they are members of the union, they get to pay a somewhat reduced rate from the off the street rate. But essentially, they are all independent contractors and have provide for their own healthcare and retirement plans.

IMHO, baseball players are the most over paid. They have also managed to get one of the most lucrative union agreements as well.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, this from a guy with a picture of Michael C Hall as Dexter Morgan in the hit Showtime series Dexter!

Awesome this post is so full of win!

And you're mean :D I can watch tv all I want. I still don't have to agree with them getting paid so much do I? Is this what you do? Just go around trying to make people look like idiots to make you feel better about yourself or is it just coincidence? I've said a few times I'm not trying to start an argument but you have to come along and poke and find anything you can to start crap don't you. You sir, are the one full of win ;)

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all kinda makes sense to me... for example: MLB is a HUGE business that generates BIG money so they pay their employees(players) BIG money. I work in health care which is also HUGE business that generates BIG money but I don't get paid BIG money. Why? Well, how many people on the planet are capable of playing professional baseball.... I think I'd be safe in guessing less than 1 million. Now, how many people are capable of doing what I do... SEVERAL million. If what you or I did was so difficult that only a handful of people could do it, we'd be making millions too.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of us CAN'T quit our jobs and find something that pays better. That's why we have the jobs we have in the first place.

This is part of your problem. You keep thinking in terms of JOB. The people in this country that really succeed and prosper aren't thinking like this. Sam Walton, wether you like WalMart or not, looked for opportunities. He had an idea and worked at it.

As long as your thinking only in terms of being an employee and working for someone else then you'll have to accept what they pay you. What the market dictates the value of your services are worth.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is part of your problem. You keep thinking in terms of JOB. The people in this country that really succeed and prosper aren't thinking like this. Sam Walton, wether you like WalMart or not, looked for opportunities. He had an idea and worked at it.

As long as your thinking only in terms of being an employee and working for someone else then you'll have to accept what they pay you. What the market dictates the value of your services are worth.

I like the way you put that. Kind of makes you look at it in a different way.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you're mean :D I can watch tv all I want. I still don't have to agree with them getting paid so much do I? Is this what you do? Just go around trying to make people look like idiots to make you feel better about yourself or is it just coincidence? I've said a few times I'm not trying to start an argument but you have to come along and poke and find anything you can to start crap don't you. You sir, are the one full of win ;)

Nope I just like to poke with sharp pokey sticks, I don't need to make fun of anyone to feel good about myself. You either like me or you hate me. It's all entertainment to me.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perrone, I couldn't agree with you more. :thumb: I'm not a sports fan either. :disappoin The only sporting events I've ever paid money to go see is maybe OKC Redhawks and the OKC Blazers. I do appreciate some good minor league baseball and ice hockey. Those guys barely make the same as I do.

As for the "big boys" making millions to play ball? :finger:

But, yeah...I agree. We Americans are entertained to death!

Latest posts

Top Bottom