American Classic Standard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking around at base 1911s and came across the American Classic Standard. I know the RIA is about the best bang for buck, these are close to the same price ~$350.00, and it says they are also filipino made also, so I figured they might be the same thing anyways. I can get a springfield GI for ~ $450.00, but I was searching around and noticed that the olyeller guy doesn't seem so fond of them. Being that most of you think so highly of him, even though I don't know him, I took this into consideration. Is the biggest downfall to the Springfield the rear sight? Does anyone happen to have an american classic?

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't Para's have cast slides? In fact, aren't they the only ones who use cast slides?

In your price range - I would think RIA would be the way to go. Or a Norinco even.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah they do, but I figured if I'm just going to shoot it casually it would be fine. I can't find a ria at a shop anywhere, much less a norinco.

Anybody know of a lot of places in okc I could try?

Latest posts

Top Bottom