American Classic Standard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a RIA tactical from a fellow member 2 days ago for a great price and put 100 rounds down it yesterday with out a hitch. It even shot better groups then my glock 26 and glock 36. great guns for the money.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let's go with it's not your favorite cause you hate the sights and ejection port?...

no, I dont hate anything about the sights and port; even thoughI personally doent care for them.

Its a wonderful example of a GI retro 1911; most guys the first time they get a Springfield GI, is to turn it into a Loaded model.

Much cheaper just getting the loaded.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, let's say this, I did a lot of 1911 searching before I made this thread and I couldn't find a single instance where you had much good to say about them, but I hear ya knockin

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no, I dont hate anything about the sights and port; even thoughI personally doent care for them.

Its a wonderful example of a GI retro 1911; most guys the first time they get a Springfield GI, is to turn it into a Loaded model.

Much cheaper just getting the loaded.

Please pardon the "butt-in" here, but I'm also interested in a 1911. Since you have the respect of many on the forums, could you be of assistance to someone who is absolutely clueless on 1911's?

1. Should one just try to find an actual "classic government" model, or are the newer versions of 1911's made better?

2. Since I am not interested in "tricked out" weapons, I don't care for fancy or multi-colored models. Thus, I'm more interested in a simple, good looking weapon that shoots well. How does the Springfield compare to other 1911's as far as function and accuracy is concerned?

3. Since I am such a newby with 1911's, are there models that I should ignore or models that I should really seriously consider for a purchase, based on simple, good looking and accuracy?

4. In your comment, you mentioned buyers "loading" up after purchase. What in your experience have people been doing to load up a 1911?

5. Considering question 4, are loaded up weapons better than simple? If so, why?

Sorry for a hijack of the thread, but this seemed the easiest way to contact you and still allow your expertise to be shared with others.

Thanks for any answers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom