American Sniper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good movie. We saw it tonight. Wished it followed the story of him as a kid more, like the books first few chapters. Also wished it would have told more of his seal training and pre-seal time in the Marines, but I understand that there's only so much you can cram into a movie.

I expect to see this movie in many awards shows in the future.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife went to see 'The Theory of Everything' with friends, I took my son with me to see 'American Sniper'. She wouldnt have been as interested in it as he was, just not her type of film to watch in a theatre. At home she likely would watch it but it would not be her first choice.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent movie.....
Cooper played the part disturbingly well. Wish I would have read the book first but I was glad I went into it without expectations. Definitely a must see

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same thing here in Rochester,MN friday I didn't hear a word after the show or while the theater cleared out.

I think the whole premise of the movie with the very, very, very dramatic and correctly showed shots and deaths were not "Hollywooded" up! They were what really happens. And it sunk in to the people watching the movie, that is what our young men are dealing with and going through. It was not added to in any sense like Lone Survivor was, in Lone Survivor "Hollywood" added in dramatics, that made it seem not reality in a way.

It was very strangely quiet when we left the Theater walking out to the foyer afterwards. I think reality set in on the viewers big time!

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hearing how quiet the theater was after the movie.... I've got tickets for 12:40 today... Really looking forward to seeing it

Sent from a Handheld Tactical Communication Device

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read where Chris Pratt was their first choice to do the movie but the studio wouldnt do the movie with anybody in that role but Cooper, also a producer of the film. Great choice IMO, I like Pratt but Bradley nailed this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom