Ammo (even .22) getting back to normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1,000 round brick of .22LR for $49.99 on the doorstep today. $10.95 shipping but split up with some other things ordered at the same time.

M22.jpg

Anyway, thinking that if Cabela's is doing it, others can't be very far behind. No need to pay 10 cents a round for .22LR unless you're desperate or just want to keep the scalpers in business. Even if all of the shipping were counted against the ammo, it would have been just at 6 cents per round - still a bit high but not completely unreasonable in the current market.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Not even close to getting back to normal. I have had ammo being shipped from cabelas almost on a weekly basis, and I can tell you, finding what you did was more " being online at the right time" more than things getting back to normal.

Midway had 500 round bricks for 20.99 yesterday, by the time I added a few other boxes of ammo to even out the shipping, the 22lr was already gone. With Midway's outrageous shipping charges by limiting you to one box but offering free in-store pick-up, I suspect most 22lr ammo is being scooped up by locals.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not even close to getting back to normal. I have had ammo being shipped from cabelas almost on a weekly basis, and I can tell you, finding what you did was more " being online at the right time" more than things getting back to normal.

Midway had 500 round bricks for 20.99 yesterday, by the time I added a few other boxes of ammo to even out the shipping, the 22lr was already gone. With Midway's outrageous shipping charges by limiting you to one box but offering free in-store pick-up, I suspect most 22lr ammo is being scooped up by locals.
Well, it's more "normal" than it's been for me, anyway - hadn't been seeing any at all in stock (well, not at any price I was willing to pay) for quite some time and I've seen this and similar a few times now - though I've usually passed on the Remington.

You're probably right about Midway's locals; the nickel a round 22LR at WalMart is still getting scooped up by the same 5am crowd it has been, probably will be as long as they can keep selling it on AL/GB at 2x to 3x what they're paying for it.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
When I started seeing ammo show up at cabelas, I signed up for the cabelas CC and get everything shipped for 5 bucks, not to mention my last order of .40s&w bulk packs I ordered Saturday, I used some rewards bucks and scored the 100 round bulk packs for 24.00 shipped.

Glad to see someone scoring some 22lr for a nice price. What website did you use? I ask because I have been using slick guns.com for Cabala deals.

jonah7

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if not, it's a lot better the last week or so. I'm seeing online prices that are reasonable and a lot more availability. Don't think the prices will ever come back down to pre-Obama, but .35/rd for pistol ammo seems to be within sight.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if not, it's a lot better the last week or so. I'm seeing online prices that are reasonable and a lot more availability. Don't think the prices will ever come back down to pre-Obama, but .35/rd for pistol ammo seems to be within sight.

agreed. normal is when you can buy whatever you want without the limits. It's kind of crazy, the front counter at academy (edmond & NW expwy) are bulging full. No .22lr though...

Almost Sanford..almost!

Latest posts

Top Bottom