I am part of the neckbeards....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a 500 round pack of Remington "Thunderbolt" 22,s make an offer! I get real tired of folks pissing and moaning over all the prices especially when folks are selling stuff on here really reasonable and getting beaten up for it. $300 ain't bad for a case of 9mm, but you would think folks were asking for a first born! Just because "you" didn't plan ahead, doesn't make others "neckbeards"! Be happy some folks.are even willing to sell you anything!
I'm the words of the great gun guru.....buy or don't buy, but don't cry about what SHOULD BE!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get tired of seeing folks gloat over taking advantage of folks that want to buy ammo. Again, its gun owners taking advantage of fellow gun owners.
This BS of of higher prices isn't caused by anybody but our own to make a buck. I don't approve.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well let me tell ya a little story, I had a guy who begged me for some 9mm. I told him I would sell him a case for what I had in it just to help him out. Sold it for $250.00 Next week I saw him sell that same case for $325.00. So A.) I shouldn't help anyone who needs ammo, or B.) I should sell ammo to folks that "can't find any" for way below market rate so I am perceived as a good guy? I'll tell ya what I don't approve of is losing the money on the ammo I sold to a guy who "really needs it".

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well let me tell ya a little story, I had a guy who begged me for some 9mm. I told him I would sell him a case for what I had in it just to help him out. Sold it for $250.00 Next week I saw him sell that same case for $325.00. So A.) I shouldn't help anyone who needs ammo, or B.) I should sell ammo to folks that "can't find any" for way below market rate so I am perceived as a good guy? I'll tell ya what I don't approve of is losing the money on the ammo I sold to a guy who "really needs it".
I don't doubt your story for a minute and have experienced people that have taken advantage of my perceived nature that most people are honorable and will do the right thing for those that are disadvantaged, be it ammo or other items if it's an honest request..
It's those that try to take advantage of a crisis to make a buck in our community that disgust me.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get tired of seeing folks gloat over taking advantage of folks that want to buy ammo. Again, its gun owners taking advantage of fellow gun owners.
This BS of of higher prices isn't caused by anybody but our own to make a buck. I don't approve.

You know - all gun owners are not my pals. BLM is full of gun owners. NRA is full of gun owners that would compromise MY rights. There are many groups promoting their own special cause/political view that are gun owners.

Why the heck would I presume that a fellow gun owner is someone I should sell to at less than market value?

(obviously if I know the guy, or it's family, that's an exception. Still - it's MY ammo, I set the price)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well, here's the thing about that story... you didn't actually LOSE any money. You weren't looking to sell, and especially not looking to sell for a profit, so you did even lose potential profit.

What DID happen is your buddy (or maybe acquaintance) pulled a fast one on you and made a whole $75. So... for $75 he alienated you and lost a good potential friend and ally and lost any and all hope of any future help. Or I would hope so - I would have let him know about it, personally, and I'd also let him know never to come asking me for a GD thing ever again.

And maybe you will dodge a bullet in the future by not having to deal with his drama.

Call it lessons learned, and it was a good way to weed someone out of your life who doesn't deserve to be there.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here's the thing about that story... you didn't actually LOSE any money. You weren't looking to sell, and especially not looking to sell for a profit, so you did even lose potential profit.

What DID happen is your buddy (or maybe acquaintance) pulled a fast one on you and made a whole $75. So... for $75 he alienated you and lost a good potential friend and ally and lost any and all hope of any future help. Or I would hope so - I would have let him know about it, personally, and I'd also let him know never to come asking me for a GD thing ever again.

And maybe you will dodge a bullet in the future by not having to deal with his drama.

Call it lessons learned, and it was a good way to weed someone out of your life who doesn't deserve to be there.

I agree with everything you've said except that he didn't lose money. He cannot replace that ammo for what he paid for it -- and he got no perceived use from it (didn't shoot it himself) -- so he DID lose money. The money he will have to spend at today's prices to replace it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with everything you've said except that he didn't lose money. He cannot replace that ammo for what he paid for it -- and he got no perceived use from it (didn't shoot it himself) -- so he DID lose money. The money he will have to spend at today's prices to replace it.

I'll agree with that, if he looks to replace it. He did what he did out of charity and trying to help someone out, but of course, (many) people today will show you that living your life charitably can be painful when you find you've been taken advantage of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom