And... another raid on the wrong place...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nor should you talk bad about law enforcement, but there is such a thing as cops that take things to their heads. Just google open carry encounters by the Philadelphia PA police.

A badge means you are held to a higher standard, not that you can do whatever you want ,and I say this as a former deputy sheriff in Alabama ( auxillary)

made it a little more understandible, to me

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A bage means you are held to a higher standard not that you can do whatever you want and I say this as a former deputy sheriff in Alabama ( auxillary)

Some have tried to say, or at least have given the impression to myself and others, that while those officer are "held to a higher standard" we the people should have no say, nor voice our opinion about the bad apples. I will agree that too many times people use on bad example to trash Officers on a larger scale. That is exactly what is done daily by others to the common folk though. Our society is changing, and one of the saddest changes is that cops are starting to view more regular people as default criminals, or as their inferiors. It shows two things, one that we have already lost more rights than we will ever get back, and that we will be judged as being part of the problem for even asking questions about what the real problem is.....

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just saying that is the policy here.

I am fairly new here, but have not seen evidence that speaking about problems within LE is a bannable topic.

Maybe talking like thugs and street trash might be bannable, but punishing members (for having a passionate dialogue about a topic) would bring down a gun board faster than anything I can imagine.

JMO.

LL

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A badge means you are held to a higher standard not that you can do whatever you want and I say this as a former deputy sheriff in Alabama ( auxillary)

As a former LEO, (Deputy) I agree that having a badge should make you accountable to a higher standard. Mistakes happen, but todays world just seems to give them a pass. We double and tripple checked all our info before a raid. When you go through a door in that mode, you never know what to expect. It would be horrible to get into a shooting with an innocent citizen because of an error in warrant service. If LEO's weren't protected from legal procedures for doing their job according to the law, they would never get anything done. That said, if you screw up, there are recourses available to the victim.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These kinds of incidents makes me wish that individual LEOs were held personally responsible for their actions, and not the department. No reason the taxpayers should foot the bill for cases like this. A criminal act is a criminal act.

It's one thing when orders from higher-ups are merely being followed. It's another thing when due diligence isn't performed. To me, the smart idea would be to find out where things failed and hold those individuals personally responsible.

I posted a map a while back showing how widespread the problem is, and I think I broke down the % error rate. Don't have time to go look for it, though.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who cares if the dog was tied up? If a citizen wants their dog loose in their home that's their business. You know they tossed the house good too.

Boot lickers should be around shortly for the other side of logic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom