And... another raid on the wrong place...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These kinds of incidents makes me wish that individual LEOs were held personally responsible for their actions, and not the department. No reason the taxpayers should foot the bill for cases like this. A criminal act is a criminal act.
Not to worry; "qualified immunity" will make sure nobody is hurt by this "isolated incident."

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took me a few bans but I finally figured out not to criticize our wonderful peace keeping overlords. They do no wrong. Even when killing dozens of innocent family pets...

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guess what?!?! If we had everyone beheaded who EVER made a major mistake on the job whatever that job is there would be no one left. And don't give me that LEOs are held to a higher standard crap. Hi standard yes, perfect...never gonna happen. I have seen well trainned well intentioned men doing their best make mistakes that had horendous consequenses. **** happens guys, especially in hi speed hi stress situations. Does that mean there should not be consequenses for kicking the wrong door and killing a nice guys pet? Hell no! But most of those posting in this thread want this situation handled as if the LEOs had criminal intent which they obviously did not.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey guess what?!?! If we had everyone beheaded who EVER made a major mistake on the job whatever that job is there would be no one left. And don't give me that LEOs are held to a higher standard crap. Hi standard yes, perfect...never gonna happen. I have seen well trainned well intentioned men doing their best make mistakes that had horendous consequenses. **** happens guys, especially in hi speed hi stress situations. Does that mean there should not be consequenses for kicking the wrong door and killing a nice guys pet? Hell no! But most of those posting in this thread want this situation handled as if the LEOs had criminal intent which they obviously did not.

Okay, let's hold them to the SAME standard, breaking and entering, illegal discharge of a firearm, destruction of private property, reckless endangerment, and probably a few more.

Edit: they can roll the dice, just like everyone else, and be put on trial with a jury of their "peers."

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you make my point. Its not the SAME.

For a "higher standard" to hold true, stricter scrutiny and harsher penalties would be required. In reality, outside of public opinion, "honest mistakes" are considered a valid defense in these types of cases.

So which is it? Higher or lower?

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its all about intent, the LEOs involved thought they we right. I think we kick in too many doors in this country, that is the issue. What bothers me more than an occational honest mistake are the literally thousands of cases every year where the correct door is knocked down and NOTHING is found.

Latest posts

Top Bottom