Andy Richter, and the extinction of high-cap mags.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, your 'official' rebuttal that summarizes the vastness of your knowledge, constitutional ethics, and your business interests: "What a dweeb."

He's got you beat, sir. This guy and this line of thinking, represents more of a direct threat to you than the drones, UN, NWO, and all the other crap you're wrapped up in... but you're letting it skate by namecalling. Nice work.

Yeah, ok. Sure, whatever you say man. But the REAL question is, does the dweeb have ten 100 round drums?

LMMFAO!!!

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Despite what millions and even many on this board believe, high capacity magazines go along with the second ammendment. The second is not for hunting or sporting purposes. Will we ever go up against the governmet in a civil war because our rights are being stripped, maybe a .5 percent chance, but I believe just the possibility is what keeps the government in check.

Think the Colorado shooting was bad? Anders Berhing Breivik's got him topped a couple times over and Norways gun laws are much stricter than ours, what happened there? Gun control only works for criminals.

Most shooters who shoot the semi-auto AR15s have 30 round magazines. If and when they outlaw those again, most likely without a sunset clause. There will be another shooting, then they will want to outlaw the 10 round removable magazines, then something else, and then again something else. To me, it's not about giving up my 30 round magazines, it's about not wanting to give away my guns, just as it is with the gun grabbers, they don't want my 30 round magazines, they want my guns.

BTW, when are we going to stop blaming this on the gun culture, from what I understand, he got this idea from watching a movie. When do we start pointing our fingers at Hollywood?

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is asinine to believe that he couldn't have done the same thing with 3 30 round magazine, or 10 10 round magazines. How much time do you actually lose reloading? A few seconds?

While this may hurt our point, he could have done somewhat similar damage with a single-shot 30-06, with proper training. In fact, the death toll may have been higher. 100 round magazines are not the issue. Neither is the accessibility of firearms. The issue is that no one took the time to get to know their neighbor. This guy, from what I can tell, went from being a reasonably well adjusted (albeit over-stressed) college kid to a domestic terrorist over the period of a month. Pay attention to your loved ones, maybe we can avoid this in the future.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wish someone would give "Joe America" the true definition of "Assault Rifle", I have guys that I work with that assume that any black rifle I build or buy is an Assault Rifle, some are even under the assumption that they are "Select Fire". When I try to tell them that an Assault Rifle is classified as a rifle that has the ability to fire both fully automatic (or burst) and semiautomatic, some say that there is no difference where others sorta have a lightbulb pop up over there head that they kinda have a clue.

However the creation of the Slide Fire Stocks and people on youtube showing bump firing are not helping the views on "Black Rifles" people who see these things somehow fall under the assumption that these are now fully automatic rifles (waste of ammo in my opinion).

As other posters have said popular opinion is formed by our "Celebrities" in Hollywood because our society has fallen under this sad assumption that they are more than just people.

I also agree that 100 round mags are "wants" not needs.

mattrob80

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the equation of "need" vs. "want". We Americans don't "need" high cap mags. We also don't need 160mph Corvettes, or 6000lb SUVs. We don't need to skydive, we don't need ultralight aircraft, we don't need liquor and cigarettes, and we don't need cellphones. There are many other examples I could dig up, and all are capable of hurting or killing others directly or indirectly. The American way is not about "need" - it's always been about "want".

Some "wants" may in fact be "needs", in the right situation. Some are also guaranteed by our Constitution, like it or not.

This.

I agree with Ritcher's comments for the most part. I like having 30 round magazines for my ARs, but I honestly hardly ever shoot a full 30 round mag out of my AR. I like having them for the representation of the entire weapon system. I believe there is more of an argument for a high capacity magazine for handguns because you can look at is as those who may kick in your front door at night are probably going to have a high capacity firearm on their illegally obtained firearms.

Kind of glad that at least one hollywood/liberal isn't screaming for an outright ban on everything. All that stuff has been getting old this weekend.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Despite what millions and even many on this board believe, high capacity magazines go along with the second ammendment. The second is not for hunting or sporting purposes. Will we ever go up against the governmet in a civil war because our rights are being stripped, maybe a .5 percent chance, but I believe just the possibility is what keeps the government in check.

Think the Colorado shooting was bad? Anders Berhing Breivik's got him topped a couple times over and Norways gun laws are much stricter than ours, what happened there? Gun control only works for criminals.

Most shooters who shoot the semi-auto AR15s have 30 round magazines. If and when they outlaw those again, most likely without a sunset clause. There will be another shooting, then they will want to outlaw the 10 round removable magazines, then something else, and then again something else. To me, it's not about giving up my 30 round magazines, it's about not wanting to give away my guns, just as it is with the gun grabbers, they don't want my 30 round magazines, they want my guns.

BTW, when are we going to stop blaming this on the gun culture, from what I understand, he got this idea from watching a movie. When do we start pointing our fingers at Hollywood?

Never. Americans don't assume that words can be harmful. Because the 1st Amendment is inviolate, but the 2nd Amendment is subject to "reasonable restrictions". We could take this discussion of large capacity magazines and turn it to several other issues, such as gun buster signs being ineffective, societal pressures being too great, "mental health" being dirty words that barely get any lip service, etc. Unfortunately, those things are abstract. An "assault rifle" with a hundred round drum magazine is a solid physical object they can direct their wrath at. :(

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who NEEDS Hi-Cap magazines?

If you live somewhere that a 911 call response is 30 minutes or more, you might need a hi-cap magazine or two.

There's a reason that Ruger's mini-14 is called a "Ranch Rifle"

Latest posts

Top Bottom