Andy Richter, and the extinction of high-cap mags.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We want them because they are practical. Would it have been any less horrifying if he had used a sword, .30-30 lever gun or any other number of archaic weaponry? Would a five round magazine make a 5.56 round any less lethal? He asks if the ownership of these mags are worth one life. The answer is yes. Because any other answer is foolish. Would a five round magazine still be able to take one life? Yes. Would a kitchen knife in the hands of a madman be able to take one life? Yes. How much is the ownership of kitchen knives worth? One or two lives?
A psychopath could use a kitchen knife to murder someone, same as a 100 round drum magazine. So what is the difference between a one hundred round drum magazine and a kitchen knife, if saving just one life is important enough to regulate the ownership of these items?

His thought process is born of fear and not logic, and is therefore flawed, and so he is wrong. The true answer is that any one with evil in their hearts who has committed to harming innocents is dangerous, whether it be with something as exotic as a russian assault rifle or as tame as the knife you use everyday to eat with. It is evil we must fear, and not the tools that evil men use for their ends.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also agree that 100 round mags are "wants" not needs.
so is a corvette. Or a porsche. Or a gas guzzling SUV. And cars "kill" far more people than "guns".

So let's start banning all the cars first that are responsible for bad driving . Who in his right mind would want a car that goes 160 mph when the "reasonable speed limit" is 75 mph? Only an irresponsible driver. We need to protect our "children" from these drivers. And reducing the number of corvettes and other fast cars on the road will only reduce the number of "car related fatalities". "Common sense" car regulation and car control needs to be instituted asap. Where is the outrage?

Oh, and there is no PESKY constitutional protection for the right to keep and drive cars. :)

Except it will be a vote-loser. And so will any form of gun control.
:D

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I merely said wants, I personally do not want a mag that has such a record of failing, nor do I want a corvette or gas guzzler. I did not say that they should be banned or not allowed.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I merely said wants, I personally do not want a mag that has such a record of failing, nor do I want a corvette or gas guzzler. I did not say that they should be banned or not allowed.
Did not think you were for banning them. :)
was just building on your post with a reason as to why even if the liberal elites can't understand why anyone would WANT a certain firearm or amount of ammunition, it still should not be banned on that basis.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We want them because they are practical. Would it have been any less horrifying if he had used a sword, .30-30 lever gun or any other number of archaic weaponry? Would a five round magazine make a 5.56 round any less lethal? He asks if the ownership of these mags are worth one life. The answer is yes. Because any other answer is foolish. Would a five round magazine still be able to take one life? Yes. Would a kitchen knife in the hands of a madman be able to take one life? Yes. How much is the ownership of kitchen knives worth? One or two lives?
A psychopath could use a kitchen knife to murder someone, same as a 100 round drum magazine. So what is the difference between a one hundred round drum magazine and a kitchen knife, if saving just one life is important enough to regulate the ownership of these items?

His thought process is born of fear and not logic, and is therefore flawed, and so he is wrong. The true answer is that any one with evil in their hearts who has committed to harming innocents is dangerous, whether it be with something as exotic as a russian assault rifle or as tame as the knife you use everyday to eat with. It is evil we must fear, and not the tools that evil men use for their ends.
+1. well said!

Latest posts

Top Bottom