Another catfish spawn Arkansas river!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the heck is happening.
I fished Gore Oklahoma Arkansas river a couple months ago and went for a few different weekends and caught blue cat with eggs and then got to the point after the 3rd trip there where the bellies were flat and when i gutted them you could tell the eggs had been deposited.

Fast forward to last Thursday and I caught a green ear sunfish full of eggs and then a blue cat full of eggs and the sunfish eggs were coming out which I get but the catfish eggs looked like another week and they would be ready.

The cat fish was about 4 lbs and caught on the sunfish head.
Grandson 5 years old caught a channel cat on sunfish guts.
I caught a small striper and a couple small catfish under 6" on filet of fish and caught an alligator gar on cut shad.

Bank fishing again.
I got more than enough for dinner at Greenleaf cabin where we stayed for a couple nights.
Greanleaf cabin water stinks like moss and the lake there is nasty fishy mossy smelling also.
Nice enough area but ya can't cook with that water or rinse your fish clean in it.

That is your fishing report from me for this round.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the heck is happening.
I fished Gore Oklahoma Arkansas river a couple months ago and went for a few different weekends and caught blue cat with eggs and then got to the point after the 3rd trip there where the bellies were flat and when i gutted them you could tell the eggs had been deposited.

Fast forward to last Thursday and I caught a green ear sunfish full of eggs and then a blue cat full of eggs and the sunfish eggs were coming out which I get but the catfish eggs looked like another week and they would be ready.

The cat fish was about 4 lbs and caught on the sunfish head.
Grandson 5 years old caught a channel cat on sunfish guts.
I caught a small striper and a couple small catfish under 6" on filet of fish and caught an alligator gar on cut shad.

Bank fishing again.
I got more than enough for dinner at Greenleaf cabin where we stayed for a couple nights.
Greanleaf cabin water stinks like moss and the lake there is nasty fishy mossy smelling also.
Nice enough area but ya can't cook with that water or rinse your fish clean in it.

That is your fishing report from me for this round.

You got to be anxious to get the Pontoon out in the water!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fished the ocean in Texas and caught a paper sack and then a wonder bread bag.
It is amazing how much stuff pollutes our waters and I blame most of it on my dad's generation.

Him and his buddies were always tossing their trash on mother earth.
Flicking cigarettes out the window and tossing empty cans and cigarette packs out the window.
Digging shallow holes in deer camp and burying their trash.

Drove me nuts.
My sister was the same way.
She left her McDonalds trash right in the 7-11 parking lot. Kicked it right out of the car with a trash can 15 feet away.
I told her pick it up--- she said no someone else can.
I said let me out of the car and again NO was the answer and she drove off.

When we got home I got on my bicycle and rode back up to the store and the trash was still there and I picked it up and tossed it in the trash can.

Her and my mother and other sister had a garage sale and had dresses for 50 bucks and other clothing for stupid high prices and I told them it is a garage sale no one pays that kind of money.
This was in the 1980's and she said this dress cost me 70 dollars.

Guess where all those clothes were Monday. Stacked at the curb on the trash cans.
So you would toss it in the trash instead of selling it cheaper or giving it to goodwill.

I disowned my family years ago. They were better than thou in their minds.

Some things I can't tolerate.

Russ661

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Was bass fishing at Ft Gibson lake last Friday and caught a 10 pound flathead cat on a plastic worm. She was full of eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_2356.jpeg
    IMG_2356.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fished the ocean in Texas and caught a paper sack and then a wonder bread bag.
It is amazing how much stuff pollutes our waters and I blame most of it on my dad's generation.

Him and his buddies were always tossing their trash on mother earth.
Flicking cigarettes out the window and tossing empty cans and cigarette packs out the window.
Digging shallow holes in deer camp and burying their trash.

Drove me nuts.
My sister was the same way.
She left her McDonalds trash right in the 7-11 parking lot. Kicked it right out of the car with a trash can 15 feet away.
I told her pick it up--- she said no someone else can.
I said let me out of the car and again NO was the answer and she drove off.

When we got home I got on my bicycle and rode back up to the store and the trash was still there and I picked it up and tossed it in the trash can.

Her and my mother and other sister had a garage sale and had dresses for 50 bucks and other clothing for stupid high prices and I told them it is a garage sale no one pays that kind of money.
This was in the 1980's and she said this dress cost me 70 dollars.

Guess where all those clothes were Monday. Stacked at the curb on the trash cans.
So you would toss it in the trash instead of selling it cheaper or giving it to goodwill.

I disowned my family years ago. They were better than thou in their minds.

Some things I can't tolerate.
51217620_322272121599155_8391570303368560640_n.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fished Ft Gibson last week and caught 29 blue cats while drift fishing. We found a couple there that still had eggs as well. I don’t remember how early in the year we found them with eggs this year.
I fish winter, spring and summer - some blues will have eggs in all of those seasons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom