Walmart only hires the best.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to Walmart parking lot one time in 15 yrs. That was 5 or 6 yrs ago, my granddaughter needed something for school and no one else had it. After driving all over town looking for it finally had to go to WM. I gave my granddaughter the money and sat in the parking lot. I refuse to shop at Walmart, will pay more to avoid it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quit buying online from Walmart. You have to deal with people from ? India?China? call centers.
That said My son and daughter both work
at the local neighborhood Walmart grocery
The company paid for my daughter to go to school online to become a pharmacy tech.
not a bad place to work they're both making $35-40k, not bad I guess for 20-21 y.o's

Double income @ $70 - $80k and Pedo Joe inflation claims $96k minimum to live comfortably.

Many online items from Wally and Amazon ship from China, many are scams or shady.

I received a notice of delivery. Nothing received. Notified Amazon, they passed to shipper. They sent Pic of package sitting in grass. Told them that wasn't my porch and I was filing fraud with Amazon. They said a full refund was being issued on 8-4. On 8-8, package delivered, shipping date 8-6.

I received notice of delivery from Wally, nothing here.
Called shipper phone number listed on tracking number notice, an oriental female claimed delivery verified. I should check with neighbors. Told her verify delivery.
We go back and forth, she offers a 20% refund as a show of goodwill. Told her that wouldn't cover lawyer fees. She offers 40%. Told her to expect a law suit for fraud. She offered 60%. Told her nothing less than 100%. I had received nothing. She offered 80%. Told her fraud had been reported and LE was processing. She says she has discussed with her boss and he authorized 100% refund to keep a "good customer" satisfied. Refund could take up to 15 days. I responded that they had claimed payment on my account within 15 minutes. They had 1 hour before LE fraud division was notified. Unbelievably, deposit was made.

Another I ended up filing fraud with my bank.

All 3 since July 4, I'm done with online Amazon and Wally that show local warehouse ship.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Double income @ $70 - $80k and Pedo Joe inflation claims $96k minimum to live comfortably.

Many online items from Wally and Amazon ship from China, many are scams or shady.

I received a notice of delivery. Nothing received. Notified Amazon, they passed to shipper. They sent Pic of package sitting in grass. Told them that wasn't my porch and I was filing fraud with Amazon. They said a full refund was being issued on 8-4. On 8-8, package delivered, shipping date 8-6.

I received notice of delivery from Wally, nothing here.
Called shipper phone number listed on tracking number notice, an oriental female claimed delivery verified. I should check with neighbors. Told her verify delivery.
We go back and forth, she offers a 20% refund as a show of goodwill. Told her that wouldn't cover lawyer fees. She offers 40%. Told her to expect a law suit for fraud. She offered 60%. Told her nothing less than 100%. I had received nothing. She offered 80%. Told her fraud had been reported and LE was processing. She says she has discussed with her boss and he authorized 100% refund to keep a "good customer" satisfied. Refund could take up to 15 days. I responded that they had claimed payment on my account within 15 minutes. They had 1 hour before LE fraud division was notified. Unbelievably, deposit was made.

Another I ended up filing fraud with my bank.

All 3 since July 4, I'm done with online Amazon and Wally that show local warehouse ship.
I always check the items/store ratings before I order. Always! After 10+ years of buying on Amazon, I/we haven't had any issues. Maybe a mis delivery a couple of times, but they were always left at the same house up the street. All returns were handled easily and refunds debited within 48 hours.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shop at Amazon a lot BECAUSE of the outstanding service and how quickly the occasional issue is resolved to my satisfaction. I've been an Amazon customer since the early days when all they sold were books. If every retailer treated their customers like Amazon, Amazon might not exist.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quit buying online from Walmart. You have to deal with people from ? India?China? call centers.
That said My son and daughter both work at the local neighborhood Walmart grocery
The company paid for my daughter to go to school online to become a pharmacy tech.
not a bad place to work they're both making $35-40k, not bad I guess for 20-21 y.o's
The local Walmart hired a local driver who didn't realize that if there is no driveway, mailbox, or house they must be in the wrong spot....Duh.
Fedex and UPS both know where I live. I ended up getting a full refund despite having nothing to return.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The gentleman that LIVED across the street, received a FEDEX delivery yesterday. FEDEX throws it on the porch, takes a Pic and drives. Problem?
Not really, except he passed July 1 and the house is empty. But, he got his delivery.

1 in a million screwed up order is great service, UNLESS YOURE THAT 1.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up getting a full refund despite having nothing to return.
One of the joys of living in an apartment complex is occasionally having your stuff delivered to a random other apartment. I’ve never had a problem with the Walmarts or Instacart refunding my money when that happens, and Instacart usually adds a credit of some kind to make up for it.

The weirdest one was a Walmarts+ order that was two flats of water and some other stuff. The shopping part went fine, they found everything, and got it out for delivery quickly. I kind of had a bad feeling when I went into the “chat with your driver” function and it said that the driver was not a native English speaker. Then I really had a bad feeling about it when the app reported that it was delivered, when it was very clearly not delivered, despite my having specified that I would sign for the delivery.

So I called the Walmarts+ customer service, and they offered to expedite a replacement order. I had nothing better to do, so I said sure, go right ahead.

This time, one of the items I wanted was out of stock, but everything else was OK, including the stuff that had been the whole reason I’d placed the order in the first place.

Then I see that the driver had the same name as the previous driver. No, surely they wouldn’t give the replacement order to the guy who had just screwed the pooch.

Oh, what a blissful summer child I was. I can’t be sure it was the same non-English speaking joker as before, but I am certain that he didn’t deliver my order to me, again despite the order specifying that I was to sign for it.

This time I just had the Walmarts refund my money, which they did without hesitation, and I placed basically the same order with Instacart. I don’t remember what happened with that one, other than it didn’t get delivered to me either (I think the driver got in an accident and Instacart had to refund my money due to it being too late to reorder).

Finally, on the fourth try, I got my stuff. You’d think that would be the end of it, but no, there was one more kicker.

A few days later, I got home late, so I had to park farther way than usual. The next morning, I get in my truck and just happen to look up. There, on the landing outside an apartment on the opposite side of the building at the opposite end from mine, are four flats of water and several Walmart bags. Apparently, Mr. Non-English Speaker had not been satisfied with delivering one order to the wrong apartment, he had actually done it twice.

That is far and away not the norm, but dadgum it all, I guess if you’re going to screw it up, you might as well go all the way…

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazon has been terrible lately. They've delivered my neighbors packages to me at least 3x in the past month. The neighbor knows where to come get their packages because the pictures that Amazon takes to prove they're delivered have my mailbox in it, with my house # in giant numbers.

Right now, I'm watching in real time, my package that is apparently "3 stops away" drive back to Tulsa. It's kind of Amazon to include a GPS tracker so you know exactly how dumb they are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom