Another quake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That one woke me up. Checked the usgs it it wasn’t showing anything yet, a storm was hitting at the same time so I assumed it was lightning strike nearby.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it? Note that I am not arguing against fracking. The issue is that there's no better way to dispose of the used water and it seems to be connected to manmade earthquakes.

kuchment_fault_graphic_d.png
Not seems. It’s been well known for almost 50 years.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. That is liberal environmentalist ********.

Is it? Note that I am not arguing against fracking. The issue is that there's no better way to dispose of the used water and it seems to be connected to manmade earthquakes.

kuchment_fault_graphic_d.png
Oklahoma has had earthquakes long before fracking and will long after we stop.

Quit listening to the MSM anti energy propoganda

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FInally felt my first OK earthquake. Woke my wife and I up and lasted about 10-15 seconds. Gotta be all the rock between Prague and North of Bristow as it shook moderately but real quick with short strokes. Definitely different than what I'm usd to. As close as it was to us I'd expect a uch different feel.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you overlay a map of fracking wells in Oklahoma on a map of quakes in the past, say, 5 years, you’ll find a remarkable correlation between the two distributions. Now, correlation is not necessarily causation, but it still makes one think.
Overlay all the Earthquakes back 1882, when they started recording them. Same result, except no injection wells back then.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird weather, last night. Had some booming thunder, big lightning, heavy rain for 3 - 4 hours. Barely a breeze with the front and no temp drop. Hail warning, but received none.

Didn't feel a quake, but the thunder rattled the house several times, south of Lawton.

Latest posts

Top Bottom