Any Colt Single Action Army (1st, 2nd, or 3rd Gen) Love Around Here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understood.

I’m referring to Colts only.
The Centennial was done by Colt, it was early 70s 2nd Gen, and none of that gold plated hammer/trigger/cylinder stuff, only some gold paint in a light engraving on left side of barrel which comes off with acetone and toothbrush which leaves only some engraving on side of barrel that must be angled right to even read.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this a couple of years ago, figgered its worth a repeat. Wife’s cousin found this in a barn, in a bucket. Rusty, action locked up. He showed it to me, I offered to piddle with it some. With the help of a lot of Kroil, I got it apart, cleaned and steel wooled all the parts, put an old mainspring and trigger bolt spring from an Uberti copy in it. Not quite smooth as silk, but still very nice. Based on SN, it was manufactured in 1901. I sure wanted to run some rounds through, but just gave it back, since it wasn’t mine.
IMG_0672.jpeg

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this a couple of years ago, figgered its worth a repeat. Wife’s cousin found this in a barn, in a bucket. Rusty, action locked up. He showed it to me, I offered to piddle with it some. With the help of a lot of Kroil, I got it apart, cleaned and steel wooled all the parts, put an old mainspring and trigger bolt spring from an Uberti copy in it. Not quite smooth as silk, but still very nice. Based on SN, it was manufactured in 1901. I sure wanted to run some rounds through, but just gave it back, since it wasn’t mine.View attachment 517739
Outstanding! A TRUE find. Closest I ever came to that was a coworker bought a house with contents from an old man moving into assisted living, the gent was from Arizona and the house a museum of all things Arizona West, and there were a few guns...he did not want guns, wanted me to look them over and possibly buy them...

All five were junk except for the nickeled 80% Colt Frontier Six Shooter with broken bolt from 1903, gun documented through generations including original receipt, it was the gent's grandfather's gun and the grandfather was an Arizona Ranger at that time. I told my coworker the gun was worth too much for me to estimate, and he asked did I want to buy it, and I said I did not have that sort of money, so he asked how much did I have, and I told him I could only spare $1000, and he handed me the gun and told me to bring the money to work when I scraped it up. I fit a new bolt of correct legs/tail for that vintage and happily shot it with BP for quite a few years until a sucker....err...collector offered me more than I could refuse, this included the documents by then bolstered with a Colt letter. This even beat my purchase of a stainless Gold Cup for $250 in 1999.

Latest posts

Top Bottom