Any Direct TV subscirbers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustyokc01

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just switched to directv from Cox about two weeks ago. I have lost signal 4 times since the switch so I had a tech come out Saturday to fix the problem. Time will tell if the problem is fixed or not. Knowing what I know now, I would not have switched from cox, never a service interruption with them. For the pricing it's hard to beat satellite but having to deal with the little things is a part of the bargain. I love the whole home DVR thing and I have two DVRs to record more than two shows at once. i love that it syncs everything up in to one playlist. My biggest complaints other than the signal loss issue would be the lack of a clock on the equipment and the ever so slight pause between hitting the button on the remote and seeing the action happen. With cox I always knew what time it was and when I pressed the button to change channels I never had time to second guess myself as to whether I pushed the button or not. When my two year contract is up I might just go back to cox.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on Dish for about 6 years. Switched to Uverse for a total package deal and am pretty happy with it. The internet is smoking fast. But Dish was good with me, I just wanted the whole enchilada in one place and it was a good bit cheaper for the 1st year. Just pick the one with the best DVR setup for you and get it. The whole house DVR's are awesome. The only caveat with either satellite service is the dish must be pointed correctly, especially with HD. If you get a lazy installer, ride their butt until it's done right.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had Direct for ~ 8 years, and wouldn't go back to Cox even if it was free. I only lose signal a couple of times a year, which is far less than I was losing with Cox. Direct HD quality blows Cox away, as well

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when does a person normally want to watch tv? for me its when its raining, snowing, storming, etc. but guess what i cant because im stuck with crap satellite... i miss my cox cable.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when does a person normally want to watch tv? for me its when its raining, snowing, storming, etc. but guess what i cant because im stuck with crap satellite... i miss my cox cable.

I have cableone and still lose the signal they provide, odds are they buy it from direct or dish anyway...LOL

Eddie005

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had Cox, DirectTv and Dish. of the 3 I like Dish by far. No comparison. The Customer Service is great and the reception etc is great. DirectTv has the worst customer service I have ever experienced, period. I also got stuck with an extra year on my contract for replacing a bad reciever after they told me that would not happen. Cox customer service was ok but I just lost reception too often

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a reason why Direct signs up 8 customers for every 1 of Dish's. Regarding comments about Direct's customer service - I can't confirm or deny that, as I've never had to call them in the past 8 years of using them. Guess I've been lucky? :)

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you sign up 1shott, I can pm you my account number, reference that when you sign up and it's good $100 off your bill over the course of a year. Also gets me $100 off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom