Any HK shooters out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CybrSlydr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't have giant hands, I would look at the newer P30 or a different gun altogether (especially if you plan on putting a rail-mounted light on it since the trigger guard extends waaaaaay forward of the grip).

If you want an upgrade from both the Glock and HK, look at a Sig :D

I got to handle an HK 45 at the range and it fit me like a glove. Grip was beautiful.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a P7, its accurate and fun to shoot. Just a range gun gun though, I wouldn't use for self defense because the manual of arms is very unique to the gun.

..and yeah, it gets HOT.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USP 45 here...and I love it, it was the first pistol I bought on my own.....that one is going to the grave with me. I've put about 1000 to 1500 rds through it and not had one malfunction.

CybrSlydr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No - I did not. I assumed they were similar in size.

I can hold either I think - though the HK45 IIRC, is the one I held last time.

I thought the HK45/USP were the full size and the Compacts were the smaller, with the 2000SK being the smallest.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No - I did not. I assumed they were similar in size.

I can hold either I think - though the HK45 IIRC, is the one I held last time.

I thought the HK45/USP were the full size and the Compacts were the smaller, with the 2000SK being the smallest.

The HK USP 45 (which I've heard a lot of folks refer to as "HK45") is this (this one is a compact):

[Broken External Image]

Its nice, I had a USP .40 Custom Combat that I loved (but I've got girly hands) so it always felt like it didn't fit me - attach a rail-mounted light and see if you can reach it with your index finger - you'll know if your hands are big enough (I couldn't even reach the light-switch without releasing my grip just a little).

Here's the newer model called just "HK 45" (I think - I've been out of the HK business for a while, so I'm going off of memory here - feel free to correct me anyone who may know better):

[Broken External Image]

Here's the HK P30:

[Broken External Image]

I don't honestly know if the newer HK45 has changable back-straps, but I believe the P30 does, so folks with smaller hands (like myself) can handle them just fine).

There's nothing wrong with the USP - it works very well, is super-reliable and plenty accurate. Its just not ergonomically friendly to all of us out there. If ya got big hands, you're fine either way.

CybrSlydr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The P30 certainly looks nice and all, but I dislike that it's only in a 9mm. Granted, the .40 is coming out in Spring, but I'm going to be purchasing soon with tax refund money. No way I can hold on to it that long. :D

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seeing lots of Glock talk. :)

I'm thinking of purchasing a USP. Not sure if I want a Compact or not. As such, I'm wondering what accuracy and handling is like betweewn the two. Most likely in the .40 S&W.

Any of you that have/had one that didn't like it for a particular reason?

I carry a USPc .40 everyday in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. I'm a skinny dude and am still able to hide it perfectly well. I'm a huge fan of HK. Just not their customer service (no personal complaints here, I've just heard bad things). Once you get past the sticker shock you won't be disappointed. 180g Gold Dots are my carry round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom