Any HK shooters out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKDiesel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
USP in .40 here. Medium sized hands, no issues with the grip. Even my 16 year old son has no issues with the grip. I am much more accurate with it then my XD. HK makes a very nice polymer gun. Never had any issues with ~600 or so rounds through it.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't think there would be a difference in accuracy. The HK45 compact's barrel is .14'' longer than the USPc in .45, so the difference would probably be negligible.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only real difference between the USP45 vs. HK45 is ergonomics, which slightly affect mag capacity. Both are great guns. If I was buying now, I'd go with the HK45, but I'm not selling my USPs to get them.

More than $800 is not a good deal on a USPc. The last one I bought I got for just over $700 and that came with three mags and Meps night sights. The last gun show I went to had a couple USPc45 for $600.

Handle all the models you're considering. The USP fullsize's grip feels different than the USPc, although it's only slightly larger. The HK45 has a completely different grip than the HK45c. They all work for me, but one might fit and point a lot better for you than the others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Redtape - cybrslydr is OHIO so 822.95 maybe the ave price there.

Yeah, but the internet is your friend there - HK's forums generally have fairly good deals. So do CDNN (when they get them in), and Summitgunbroker.com (occasionally, he'll get something different than Sigs and Glocks in :) ).

With $10 shipping and a decent FFL that won't attempt to bend you over, you should be ok on price - there's a ton of USPc and USP models floating around out there.

Of course, there is something to be said about supporting your local brick/mortar establishments.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a SIGNIFICANTLY better deal on my HK45 buying from GB than I could have locally. At the time, they weren't even available through distributors so paying more wasn't even an option, as it were.

I think I paid something like $950 + shipping and an FFL fee for mine from gunbroker, so just a hair under $1k all told. (another $1k and I'm halfway to a spare magazine! :smash:)

CybrSlydr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol

Was talking with my Grippos guy today (Grippos are potato chips) who is an avid shooter. Apparently he's got a FFL guy in Dayton who quoted me $760 + tax on the HK45.

I'm trying to find out if this is FNIB with all accessories. If so - HOLY CRAP. I'm going to Dayton! :)

EDIT: This is who I was planning on purchasing from.

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumers/subsites/inven_search.asp?preview=

Latest posts

Top Bottom