Any HK shooters out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HK45 owner here. I've been very happy with mine. The ergonomics are outstanding (at least in my hands) and it's extremely accurate and reliable. Fit and finish are extremely good, as you'd expect.

It's easily one of my favorite auto handguns.

My only complaint is that the trigger is fairly mediocre, particularly for the price and that it lacks tritium night sites.

I saw it mentioned above somewhere, but the HK45 does come with 2 changeable backstraps. You do have to knock a roll pin out to remove them, so I haven't bothered trying the other one.

CybrSlydr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a USPc .40 everyday in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. I'm a skinny dude and am still able to hide it perfectly well. I'm a huge fan of HK. Just not their customer service (no personal complaints here, I've just heard bad things). Once you get past the sticker shock you won't be disappointed. 180g Gold Dots are my carry round.

I know what you mean about the sticker shock! I'm thinking of getting the USP Compact Tactical .45. It's going to be about $1100 including sales tax (any other taxes included?... This is in Ohio) from the dealer I'm checking.

What do you suggest for target rounds in 45?

Thanks for all the input folks!

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the sticker shock! I'm thinking of getting the USP Compact Tactical .45. It's going to be about $1100 including sales tax (any other taxes included?... This is in Ohio) from the dealer I'm checking.

I took a look at my receipt the other day and I got out of there (Tulsa Firearms, the only place that had them in Tulsa at the time) with the pistol and an overpriced box of Gold Dots for a little over $900.

CybrSlydr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm starting to lean towards the HK45 now after some more searching and reading. It's newer, has the P30 ergonomics and the Picatinny rail system. Sounds like the perfect pistol.

Is there any *noticable* difference in accuracy between the full size HK45 and the Compact variant?

Also - what's the difference between .45ACP and .45AP? (ACP = Automatic Colt Pistol, does AP just stand for Automatic Pistol? Is AP harder to find and more expensive than ACP?...)

I might have to head to the range tomorrow and try one out - I'm pretty sure they had an HK45 for rent.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Accuracy is more of a product of shooter/sight radius in these pistols. The .45acp and .45AP are the same rounds the proper name is actually .45 Auto according to my reload manuals.
I'm starting to lean towards the HK45 now after some more searching and reading. It's newer, has the P30 ergonomics and the Picatinny rail system. Sounds like the perfect pistol.

Is there any *noticable* difference in accuracy between the full size HK45 and the Compact variant?

Also - what's the difference between .45ACP and .45AP? (ACP = Automatic Colt Pistol, does AP just stand for Automatic Pistol? Is AP harder to find and more expensive than ACP?...)

I might have to head to the range tomorrow and try one out - I'm pretty sure they had an HK45 for rent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom