Any interest in attending a bug out weekend trip??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad to see so much interest! As for girlz, BB, hells yeah! Becker, if you have your schedule that far out, let me know and we can work around that. I'm excited! It will be a great way to break the winter doldrums and meet some of you crazy kids! As we get closer, we can get work on getting a date nailed down that hopefully works for everyone. Hell, if there is enough interest, I may even teach a FREE SDA class out in tha woods for any of the "campers" that don't already have theirs. Might be a good way to spend part of one day?...

Whoot!!

:lookaroun And JBTs?? :wink2: Soon as you have a date figured out I'll get the old goat to turn in his leave slip for a little annual ... Thanks!!

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm serious. I received some info from another who is, too. Another member mentioned a possible schedule conflict and one has voiced his desire to see this a few weeks later in the year so that a more moderate temp. may be had to allow for some younger ones to come, as well. Right now, the second weekend in March seems to be the best fit for everyone's schedules and such. This date is NOT in the calendar, however. If this doesn't work for someone, speak up! Personally, I have not and will not have my schedule for that time period until the first of the year. I have to work every sixth weekend, so I hope it does not conflict.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm serious too ... There are enough of you guys that I know here that are interested in going that even if GC can't make it I want to come out!

I have a bunch o' questions though ...

Are we gonna camp one night or two?
Is this bring your tent and let's cook on the campfire or if you can't carry it in your backpack you can't bring it? (It should be interesting, to say the least, for me to try to put up a tent without GC. He's the "tentmaker" at our house ... :lookaroun)
Can somebody at this thing teach me how to use a compass? I can get lost walking down the street in front of my house ... sheesh ...

I'm sure I'll think of something else later ... lol

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, I will insist that this isn't a "drag your 5th wheel to the woods weekend". Sorry, powerman! Tents and such are fine. Personally, I'm going to live on/with what I can carry on my back. I was kind of thinking that we will park in a common area and walk in. When we went through NASAR certification, we had to do this and it was a blast. I'm going to build a shelter and sleep in that. Obviously, if the weather gets really nasty or someone has a medical emergency, we will do whatever we need to do, but just hooking up a generator and watching satellite tv in the tent kinda defeats the purpose. We can work on shelters, fire building skills, water purification techniques, etc. I will have a big 300gal. Water container we can all draw from so we won't have to boil pond water...

Give me your thoughts on this. This is a communal effort, not just my decision to make. We can tweak it however we all deem necessary. We have a few months to work out the details...

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, you and I are thinking on the same wavelength! I was typing my last before I read yours! As for compass skills, I'm pretty good at em. We had to navigate through multiple points and keep track of distances through pace counts to get to a specific location in NASAR. I'd be more than happy to explain the use of a compass and how to accurately navigate over distances with one. As for the tent, we will get it working even if JBT has to stay home! Hopefully he can make it though. The more the merrier. I already have a good spot set up with a firepit and level area for sleeping. I'll just have to remember to brush hog it a few weeks prior. Nothing sux more than tall grass in the camp...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohhhhh, I can hardly wait!! This is so exciting! I tell you, now that my headaches are pretty much gone and my neck is doing better, I'm running around like a one-armed paperhanger. Poor GC, he could hardly keep up with me at Matt's gun show today. I gotta remember to wear my OSA hat next time I go to a show. (Like that one coming to the City in December! :wink2:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom