Any interest in attending a bug out weekend trip??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, Becker. I looked at your calendar wrong. Let's say the weekend of the 16th of March, if the whole Mayan calendar thing doesn't pan out... Primitive Camping, nothing more than tents. We will build up an itenarary as we go, anyone that has ideas or questions, complaints.... Speak up now, not later. As for doing this every several months, I'm all for that, just not always at my place. If several others were willing to host, that would be cool. I will say that at no time will money ever be a consideration at my place. I don't want this to be about or ever perceived that way. Instead, we will fiigure out what is needed and share the burden among those involved.

We will need to set some ground rules. This is a group effort, so speak up... My first contributions are:

1. No elicit drug usage. I am a cop and will arrest you.
2. Be respectful of others at all times. We are all here to have fun and maybe learn something. Don't F@%k that up for someone else by being a jackass.
3. Keep alcohol consumption to a respectable level. No one wants to have to babysit a drunk.
4. My place, my rules. I'm the final authority on a dispute. Sorry if that upsets you, but I pay the taxes.

Ok yalls turn.

I'd be willing to host one of these. I dont have alot of land just 280 acres I am just East of Norman. Heck I'd be willing to let people stay a week or so to practice actually having to get your own food. I have 2 stocked ponds for fishing. I too am in law enforcement so hunting would be limited to what is in season while on my property. Alcohol would NOT be consumed if you are in possession of any firearm.

Anyone who is willing to host something like this should really look into some kind of liability waiver for everyone to sign

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be willing to host one of these. I dont have alot of land just 280 acres I am just East of Norman. Heck I'd be willing to let people stay a week or so to practice actually having to get your own food. I have 2 stocked ponds for fishing. I too am in law enforcement so hunting would be limited to what is in season while on my property. Alcohol would NOT be consumed if you are in possession of any firearm.

Anyone who is willing to host something like this should really look into some kind of liability waiver for everyone to sign

I'm just gonna say upfront that "assumption of risk" comes with certain activities, but I certainly wouldn't mind signing off on a waiver if that would ease someone's mind. And holler at me if you decide to host a weekend or week. I'm close enough to you that I would LOVE to get out down that way ...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This sounds good to me, but I'm gonna add one more as it appears I may be the only woman on this camp-out ...

I am NOT your mother, girlfriend, wife or sister, nor am I the pole dancer from DoubleD's. Behave yourselves and clean up after yourselves, otherwise shooterdave will be the least of your worries. :mean:

Ha! Spoken like a good mother, gf, wife and sister, lol. I'll toe the mark because ive felt a womans wrath before, ill behave and clean up, I promise.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! Spoken like a good mother, gf, wife and sister, lol. I'll toe the mark because ive felt a womans wrath before, ill behave and clean up, I promise.

Haha! You can sit by me then ... I'll share my scotch with ya! (It doesn't have any brown floaties in it ... ROFLMAO!! And I'm not bringing anything close to a whole bottle ... You need some serious supervision, my friend!! :wink2:)

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's just plan on the weekend of March 16th. Those that want to come Friday afternoon/evening, great. Those that cannot come until Saturday, that's ok, too. So that we don't have stragglers all day, I'd like to plan on everyone being here that's coming by 0900 Sat. Morning. That way we can not worry about who else is gonna show and can plan some activities. I will be spending Friday and Saturday night in tha woods. I would like to be wrapped up by 6pm Sunday, tho. That way everyone can get home at a decent time and I can spend a bit of time with the kiddos and the Sgt. Major. (wife).

Ok, we need to think about activities and I need some volunteers to help with those, soooooo... if you are good at a particular skill and wanna share, now is the time... Speak up I want requests and ideas...

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of suggestions is to do an Orienteering class on Saturday morning, then do a treasure hunt based on the class. Winner could be a camping equipment prize or such. Participants could all pitch in about $5 to help fund it. Nothing major.

Maybe do workshops set up around the property, including Medical, Firemaking, Tracking, Meat processing, or other Survival skills.

I will pencil it in, but considering the little kids that I will probably bring, we won't be there if the temp drops.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's just plan on the weekend of March 16th. Those that want to come Friday afternoon/evening, great. Those that cannot come until Saturday, that's ok, too. So that we don't have stragglers all day, I'd like to plan on everyone being here that's coming by 0900 Sat. Morning. That way we can not worry about who else is gonna show and can plan some activities. I will be spending Friday and Saturday night in tha woods. I would like to be wrapped up by 6pm Sunday, tho. That way everyone can get home at a decent time and I can spend a bit of time with the kiddos and the Sgt. Major. (wife).

Ok, we need to think about activities and I need some volunteers to help with those, soooooo... if you are good at a particular skill and wanna share, now is the time... Speak up I want requests and ideas...

That sounds good, I plan on coming out, I am a certified Medic so I will bring my gear just in case there is a accident.

Latest posts

Top Bottom