Any interest in attending a bug out weekend trip??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm all for primitive camping, it isn't really camping otherwise...

how anout a trade blanket? i have a few knives to put up, may have some other stuff by march...

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would be cool is if there was a schedule like every 3rd month, interested OSA members could meet at a place like shooterdaves place or have different members alternate the use of their land to;

Learn how live off the land,
Learn how to use a ham radio, so their group could keep in touch with other groups in "SHTF times".
Learn what items they should have ready to go,
get to know and find members they would want to group up with, and so on.

This would also take people who were able to donate some time for instruction and such.
There would be other considerations like legal issues of having such a "work camp".
Maybe a fee would be required to put on such a camp.
This would bring ideas to many groups and also help the good groups work together if need be by knowing which ones you could trust in bad times. I would think it would make us " OSA community" stronger and a more able to handle a long term disaster.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, Becker. I looked at your calendar wrong. Let's say the weekend of the 16th of March, if the whole Mayan calendar thing doesn't pan out... Primitive Camping, nothing more than tents. We will build up an itenarary as we go, anyone that has ideas or questions, complaints.... Speak up now, not later. As for doing this every several months, I'm all for that, just not always at my place. If several others were willing to host, that would be cool. I will say that at no time will money ever be a consideration at my place. I don't want this to be about or ever perceived that way. Instead, we will fiigure out what is needed and share the burden among those involved.

We will need to set some ground rules. This is a group effort, so speak up... My first contributions are:

1. No elicit drug usage. I am a cop and will arrest you.
2. Be respectful of others at all times. We are all here to have fun and maybe learn something. Don't F@%k that up for someone else by being a jackass.
3. Keep alcohol consumption to a respectable level. No one wants to have to babysit a drunk.
4. My place, my rules. I'm the final authority on a dispute. Sorry if that upsets you, but I pay the taxes.

Ok yalls turn.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned a trade blanket. Hey, who the hell am I to stand in the way of commerce! Feel free to trade,swap, buy, sell, etc. what I don't want is someone coming to set up a table of wares and not for the event. I don't think this is or will be an issue, but there ya go! BTW, I will be looking to buy some junk silver coins if anyone has any to part with...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, Becker. I looked at your calendar wrong. Let's say the weekend of the 16th of March, if the whole Mayan calendar thing doesn't pan out... Primitive Camping, nothing more than tents. We will build up an itenarary as we go, anyone that has ideas or questions, complaints.... Speak up now, not later. As for doing this every several months, I'm all for that, just not always at my place. If several others were willing to host, that would be cool. I will say that at no time will money ever be a consideration at my place. I don't want this to be about or ever perceived that way. Instead, we will fiigure out what is needed and share the burden among those involved.

We will need to set some ground rules. This is a group effort, so speak up... My first contributions are:

1. No elicit drug usage. I am a cop and will arrest you.
2. Be respectful of others at all times. We are all here to have fun and maybe learn something. Don't F@%k that up for someone else by being a jackass.
3. Keep alcohol consumption to a respectable level. No one wants to have to babysit a drunk.
4. My place, my rules. I'm the final authority on a dispute. Sorry if that upsets you, but I pay the taxes.

Ok yalls turn.

This sounds good to me, but I'm gonna add one more as it appears I may be the only woman on this camp-out ...

I am NOT your mother, girlfriend, wife or sister, nor am I the pole dancer from DoubleD's. Behave yourselves and clean up after yourselves, otherwise shooterdave will be the least of your worries. :mean:

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
curious, do you have pine? i love pine needle tea, especially when it's cold outside.

Sorry, bro. No pine needles. I'm about 10 miles too far west for pine. Got lots of cedar, tho! If I think about it and you guys remind me, I can stop on the side of SH 43 the day before on the way home from work and snatch a few branches...

Latest posts

Top Bottom