Any Other Ninja's Into RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I've been outta that hobby for a while but I decided to get a few things for days I'm not on the bike. Things have changed a lot! I used to fly heli's and planes and I currently now own a Discus Launch Glider but am waiting for my transmitter to arrive. Can't wait!

Here's a DLG in action. Thermal/motorless flight really intrigues me. These things are fairly aerobatic and quick and you can launch them by hand and catch thermals to spec them out way up in the sky. Good times.

Last edited by a moderator:

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had a RC plane or heli but I do have a Realflight G4.5 simulator. Its actually pretty fun to fly. I am terrible with heli's and gliders, but I can take off, fly and land all the planes though.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have never had a RC plane or heli but I do have a Realflight G4.5 simulator. Its actually pretty fun to fly. I am terrible with heli's and gliders, but I can take off, fly and land all the planes though.

Cool! I've got RealFlight 3.5 and fly it all the time. It's a lot cheaper to crash on the computer. :D

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not RC but model airplanes.. We have a small group around Tulsa that flys Control Line..

http://www.tulsacl.com/

Most of the photos were taken at our club flying site which happens to be in my front yard.

Oh that's cool! Your old club location was pretty much my back yard. That field isn't used for much and will be the place I end up flying most of the time.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use to fly RC airplanes. Last plane I built and flew was a Midwest P-51D with a 2 stroke 40. It was a lot of fun flying that "tail dragger". I started building a Great Planes Super Skybolt biplane about 15 years ago. It's still hanging in the garage 3/4 finished with a 120 4 stroke that is still in the box.

Years ago, a Tulsa RC Club had a fantastic R/C event - I think it was called "Field of Dreams". They had ducted fan jets (F-16, F-14, T-38, etc.) and all types of exact replica military propeller aircraft. Do they still have that event?

Latest posts

Top Bottom