Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a very busy garage and sells a ton of tires. Asked him if he had any of the wheel weights and he said he collects them and sells to a guy that passes through. He asked if I was looking for some and I said yes. Long story longer, he said you're a friend and local, I'll sell to you. Anyway, here is two of the buckets. I've got 4 and a small bucket left to pick up and another one if I want it. I do. Just the ones I bought today, we weighed and it came in over a thousand pounds. I know I have to go through and separate the zinc and trash but WOW. He charged me less than the other guy so I got it all for $180.00. Can get the other bucket if I want it and it weighs 167lbs.
That's very cool. Got to find a place to put them. Wife will not be happy to see them in the garage so I'll figure something out. Put them in shed but that's a lot of weight. I'll pick up the last bucket next week. Plan on separating one bucket and smelting it and making ingots. Should give me an idea of how much I can make. Will need to learn a bit more on the hardness needed because it will have the soft square lead pieces as well.
I'll do a bucket at a time and get it all ready for making bullets. The OCD will kick in here so I'll figure out how many bullets I should be able to get out of an ingot in Grains. Good to know because I don't want to have 10 tons of lead.....Ha. The EPA would have a fit.
Happy New year to all
Here's two of the buckets.
IMG_1291.JPG

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a very busy garage and sells a ton of tires. Asked him if he had any of the wheel weights and he said he collects them and sells to a guy that passes through. He asked if I was looking for some and I said yes. Long story longer, he said you're a friend and local, I'll sell to you. Anyway, here is two of the buckets. I've got 4 and a small bucket left to pick up and another one if I want it. I do. Just the ones I bought today, we weighed and it came in over a thousand pounds. I know I have to go through and separate the zinc and trash but WOW. He charged me less than the other guy so I got it all for $180.00. Can get the other bucket if I want it and it weighs 167lbs.
That's very cool. Got to find a place to put them. Wife will not be happy to see them in the garage so I'll figure something out. Put them in shed but that's a lot of weight. I'll pick up the last bucket next week. Plan on separating one bucket and smelting it and making ingots. Should give me an idea of how much I can make. Will need to learn a bit more on the hardness needed because it will have the soft square lead pieces as well.
I'll do a bucket at a time and get it all ready for making bullets. The OCD will kick in here so I'll figure out how many bullets I should be able to get out of an ingot in Grains. Good to know because I don't want to have 10 tons of lead.....Ha. The EPA would have a fit.
Happy New year to all
Here's two of the buckets.
View attachment 185982
Pure gold SF!

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the pawn store to pick up my 17 Design lower from Primary.

IMG_8235.JPG

But also walked out with this.

IMG_8233.JPG

1970 Winchester 94 30-30 Had my youngest with me and he’s not the best influence. Kept saying “do it” while I was looking at it. Then was so excited to see how my wife was going to react when we got home. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! He's still alive to post, ain't he...?
:drunk2:

Her first comment was “I don’t feel bad about getting a cheeseburger today at Braums without you now”. Ha!

Yup still alive. I volunteered my fantasy football winnings to help offset some of the cost. That softened the blow. Problem, a good problem to have, now is I’m about four of five guns over my safe’s capacity. Time to start safe shopping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom