Anybody have COX ISP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cause I think they're trying to encourage customers to upgrade to their new super duper hyper drive internet by slowing the existing plan to a crawl.

"Throttling" the service. Dropping off mid transmission.

Been going on for a week.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not likely and I say this as someone who hates them.

Your speeds will be affected by one or more of the following:

Your neighbors who also have Cox
The cable run from your house to the nearest "box"
The cable run from your house (outside) to the outlet (inside) where you connect your modem
Your modem
Your router
Your ethernet cables
Signal levels in your home that a Cox tech would need to check and analyze
etc.

If you have their premium service, have them come out and diagnose it for you. Cable internet modems sometimes just go bad.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that AT&T had a huge lawsuit a few years ago when they throttled data and the end result as I remember, they hd to restore unlimited data with no throttling to those who had subscribed to the unlimited. That should have set a court standard I would think.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is running very slow today
last night there was a service outage as well, but it's definitely not back to my normal today.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every person in my neighborhood who has had this problem ended up with physical line damage of some sort, usually an animal.

I’m no shill for Cox (no ATT fiber on my block yet so Cox is all I got) but with a good modem and router, and a good cable connection (directly to my modem, no splitters), my service has been consistently stable the last couple years since my main line was replaced. I only get the temporary mass outages following storms, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom