Anybody here use Starlink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does starling charge a monthly service fee?
Oh yeah, it’s not cheap, but I was paying almost as much for crap service from Viasat. It’s worth it to me.

My only problem so far is that the wire connection to the dish got loose, and I had to order a new $140 cable, but the service has been better than any we’ve ever had until this hiccup.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only problem so far is that the wire connection to the dish got loose, and I had to order a new $140 cable, but the service has been better than any we’ve ever had until this hiccup.

Did you give yourself a service loop on the top of your tower? Mine has been up on the windmill tower for about a year and so far so good with wiring.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you give yourself a service loop on the top of your tower? Mine has been up on the windmill tower for about a year and so far so good with wiring.
Didn’t leave a loop, but I zip tied it with plenty of slack. Mine has been up a little over a year, and it worked great until it didn’t.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new gen 3 uses standard CAT6 wire and connections. So if you have the gen 3, you can custom make your own cable way cheaper. I’ve been told you can splice the older generation cables. But I’d rather not cause another failure point. I’d imagine there’s 3rd party companies that make them by now that might be cheaper. I’ve never looked though

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that's no Bueno. What are the symptoms?
I’m getting an error message like this, but it’s not unplugged.
IMG_2888.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom