Anybody own a Taurus G3X?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know, I know...Taurus. :puke:

But it seems like with the G2 and G3 series of pistols, Taurus has had a kinda rebirth or something. They don't seem like the Taurus of old.

Anyway, I was thinking about buying a G3X just for spare pistol in my living room. I try to keep a pistol in basically every room of my house, because...well...ya just never know! :anyone: But I wasn't wanting to drop $400 or $500 on a pistol that won't get much use, but I didn't want a POS Hi-Point either.

So how 'bout it? Anybody own one and can honestly say they are junk? Or are they truly a hidden gem? Small and compact, no thumb safety or de-cocker to mess with, accepts Glock night sights and features a full size grip and 15 round mag? What's not to like? I don't plan on carrying it, but I want something that everybody in my house knows how to use, if the need arises.

:thanku:

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said yourself everybody in the family will learn to shoot it. Maybe they're more comfortable with finger grooves. Glocks go bang every time.

No, I said I wanted something that everybody knows how to use, not that everybody will learn how. There's a difference. Don't believe me, try to teach someone that doesn't want to learn.

Mrs. GED has no desire to learn how to shoot. But she does know that you hold it here, point it there and pull on that little dingus to make it go bang.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't own a G3 but I have shot one. Not trying to be a gun snob but considering it was a Taurus, I was surprised my friend carried it based on everything I've heard about Taurus. He likes it.

It felt good in my hand, recoil was no issue and it shot where I aimed.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I said I wanted something that everybody knows how to use, not that everybody will learn how. There's a difference. Don't believe me, try to teach someone that doesn't want to learn.

Mrs. GED has no desire to learn how to shoot. But she does know that you hold it here, point it there and pull on that little dingus to make it go bang.
My bad....
But Glocks go bang....true?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't own a G3 but I have shot one. Not trying to be a gun snob but considering it was a Taurus, I was surprised my friend carried it based on everything I've heard about Taurus. He likes it.

It felt good in my hand, recoil was no issue and it shot where I aimed.

Trust me, I would never consider owning a Taurus from years ago, but seems like they have really uped their game with this series of pistols.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t remember if the one I experienced was a G2 or G3. The shooter next to me at a Tulsa indoor range was fumbling around wrapping his left thumb behind the slide and cycling ever other round out of his Taurus manually. I hesitated to intervene without being asked to, but knowing what was about to happen (slide bite), I asked if I could try his pistol, he told me he just bought it used, from a pawn shop. I tried to demonstrate the correct two handed hold, then proceeded to attempt to fire a couple rounds, correctly. Dry snap, FTF, cycle slide manually, snap. Over and over, same result, no shoot. No clue what was wrong with that model. Suggested he visit a gunsmith, maybe contact manufacturer. Very disappointing for him. Anecdotal, one used Taurus failure story. About a year ago. I was eyeballing them for the same purpose. Think I’ve seen a G4 model come out since. Not sure what to think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom