Anybody own a Taurus G3X?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't have a G3, but I did have a G2 for years, and it went bang everytime. I will admit that I also had a recurring nightmare where I'd get into a scuffle, draw and pull the trigger and it wouldn't shoot. For Years...
Traded out for a Glock and haven't had the dream once ever since.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
No, I said I wanted something that everybody knows how to use, not that everybody will learn how. There's a difference. Don't believe me, try to teach someone that doesn't want to learn.

Mrs. GED has no desire to learn how to shoot. But she does know that you hold it here, point it there and pull on that little dingus to make it go bang.
Then go the revolver route.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure about the g3 but my g2c has a short throat that some SD rounds and hand loads won't chamber and will lock the slide up if not careful. Best advice is whichever rounds you expect to use, do the 'plunk test' with each round before loading mag.
It's not exclusive to taurus as I have a dirtybird threaded g17 barrel that is just as bad, but for $29 I can't complain too much.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the LE Glocks I've seen have been gen3s and 4s. And I hate finger grooves. :disappoin

File... I, too, hate the Gen 3 and 4 finger grooves. A file eliminates the problem and it doesn't look bad when you're done. And then you still have a Glock and not a Taurus.

I don't have anything against Taurus. I own two...a Judge and TX22 and I enjoy both. But given the decision to trust my, or my wife's, life with a gun, I'll go with a Glock over a Taurus any day. Every day.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/316468

https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/products/glock-528-11f450a2-af89-4e55-9517-fdf537f8a377

Another really underrated gun is the S&W SD9 series and they can be had at really good prices...often just over $325 brand new.

Or, just get a Taurus.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jokes aside...

24/7, Millennium Pro, G2, G3,

It's all the same design with mild cosmetic changes. These guns are known for working. They have ****** spongy triggers that won't inspire any confidence at marksmanship, but with any decent ammo they will go bang. They like the hot stuff. Solid little pistols.

If you consider the timing of their release to market, Taurus has actually been WAY ahead of the curve. I haven't done the math, but I remember a time when the 12+1 mill pro was beating the pants off the (then new) G26 for less than 1/2 the price, 2/3 the weight, and 2/3 the size. And from it's moment to market, there were already 17 rnd extended mags available that it inherited from it's predecessor.

I've edc'd 3 of the series, and given away 4 as gifts for first time gun owners, which I introduced to firearms.

For your stated purpose though..GED, I too would suggest the SV9. You aren't worried about concealment, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom