Anybody reload 410 shot shells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an old MEC 600Jr with W-296 powder and either Remington or Winchester plastic cases and wads. I still have several pounds of W-296 but when that runs out I will probably try the new Alliant 410 powder. You save a lot of money reloading 410 shells as they are always pricier than 20 or 12 ga.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only problem is that everyone seems to be doing this, The price of used .410 reloaders is going up and used once fired hulls are hard to come by. But once you get set up it is definitely worth it. I would watch Ebay for a Mec or Pacific that is already set up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I own three guns that shoot .410, but just don't shoot them enough to justify it. Yet.

For whatever reason, I've been obsessed with getting a .410 SXS. I see them at gun shows, but they are beyond worn out/beat up, and they want a fortune for them. If I ever do, It will be time to invest in a reloader.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years back, I bought a Stoeger sxs .410 with 24" bbls. I have taken lots of game with that snub nosed shotty, but have the itch for an old "long tom" with 30"bbls. The Stoeger will be my son's first shot gun, but I have a while to use it before he needs it, he is only 9 weeks old. :)

I picked up a Mec 600jr, and also use the W-296 powder with the AA-HS hulls. That way I can load up #9's for clays and 7.5's for doves & wabbits.

I know where several hundred .410 hulls could be purchased if anyone needs them. A friend came into a large lot and doesn't even own a .410.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy could probably buy that Stoeger SXS new for the price of the worn out junkers I've seen.

I keep looking for a Winchester 3517, but the search will go on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom