Anyone in the Construction Management Industry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like some of our Subcontractors. Yes I work for a GC. One thing to keep in mind. We set the schedule according to what we bid the project at. Typically the owners have this lovely section in the contract that talks all about Liquidated Damages. When it comes down to completion time and our Mechanical and Plumbing Subs or any other sub on the project, can't get their finals because of poor craftsmanship, or lack of give a damn, LDs can start adding up.

Guess who becomes the cry baby when we start attaching LDs to the Subs who couldn't get their stuff together? Happens every time. When the subcontractors start thinking about the amount of work they have to do and when they feel the should have it done. We have to remind them about the project schedule as a whole. Doing things their way can typically have a negative effect on the critical path.

Oklahomabuilder: Typically I would say send me your resume and I'll get it on the owners desk. But we are at a shortage of upcoming jobs right now. Depending on how our bid goes on Thursday we could have one or two guys without a job to run in 30 days.

You speak the truth. We are in the same boat right now. If things don't change and the phone doesn't ring we will be letting some fellas go ourselves. This is our usual slow time, but it is really slow right now!!

good luck with the job hunt. If I think of anyone I will send you there way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom