Anyone into Wet Shaving?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those radical changes can be shocking.

My buddy told of new neighbors moved in, next door. His wife had gotten to know them, but his work schedule, he had never spoken to them. Holiday weekend coming up and neighbors invited them over to BBQ.
As it got dark, they started playing cards, were drinking pretty hard and having a nice evening. He said the neighbor seemed like a good guy, they had a lot in common and the wife was a looker, blonde and very flirty. At some point, the neighbor had mentioned they had an open marriage. He laughed it off and responded they did not, but why with such a gorgeous wife?
Sometime later, he passed out in a hammock on the deck.
He woke up, in his bed, the sun shining and a blonde snuggled up to him.
He screams and jumps out of bed.
His wife startles and rolls over, "what's wrong?"
He points at her hair, "Oh, you guys passed out and I mentioned Lisa's blonde hair. She says it was from a box and she offered to do mine. Do you not like it?"

TC54

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've gone down this rabbit hole and can't get out lol! Started with my first DE safety razor and now I have several. Lets see your set up! Here are my pre oils, soaps, razors, after shave balms, alum bar, synthetic and badger brush, and cologne. Well this is most of it anyways.View attachment 506805
Straight razor and mug and soap.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a straight razor to try several years ago. I quickly realized it would require more time and commitment than I was willing to put forth. There would have been plenty of blood spilled on the learning curve.
It's not that bad --- I got one and used it to shave my head. That's probably a bit tricker because my noggin has curves and such, but it wasn't terrible.

That said, later on I got some stupid insane pricing on a Norelco Multigroom 9000 for the longer hairs, and a Philips 7800 for the stubble. Both work absolutely outstanding. For giggles (and because it was insanely cheap too) I got a Braun Series 5 electric as well with the straight head, which does offer some benefit to head shaving in certain areas. All of them are wet/dry and basically zero maintenance.

Back in the day, and from time to time now when I feel like it, I still user traditional razors, but I've never done anything other than a splash of water when using them.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that bad --- I got one and used it to shave my head. That's probably a bit tricker because my noggin has curves and such, but it wasn't terrible.

That said, later on I got some stupid insane pricing on a Norelco Multigroom 9000 for the longer hairs, and a Philips 7800 for the stubble. Both work absolutely outstanding. For giggles (and because it was insanely cheap too) I got a Braun Series 5 electric as well with the straight head, which does offer some benefit to head shaving in certain areas. All of them are wet/dry and basically zero maintenance.

Back in the day, and from time to time now when I feel like it, I still user traditional razors, but I've never done anything other than a splash of water when using them.
I don't guess I'm coordinated enough to do it in the mirror. I wasn't willing risk my lips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom