Anyone know a good lawyer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemedic183

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In May when going through a TSA checkpoint, they found a 50 round box of .22 ammo in my carryon. The weekend previous I had been at a camp with Boy Scouts, and we had been working on the shooting merit badge. I completely forgot about the extra 50 round box that I had placed in my bag, and it had worked its way to the bottom of the bag where I didn't see it when I was packing for my trip. Yesterday I got a fine from homeland security in the amount of 125.00 if I pay within 30 days. The letter specifically states that even if I pay that I could still have criminal charges brought against me. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? Any recommendations for a lawyer in the OKC area? I don't have any problem paying the fine as it was absolutely my fault. I am really hoping that this doesn't affect my job, purchasing firearms in the future, or flying. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would contact them about the possibility of future charges and then I would pay the fine. After that, you may or may not need to talk to an atty, but at least then you would know what kind of atty you would need.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know who Mr. Campbell is. I would try Mickey Homsey if your really in trouble. and don't say anything to anybody. Actually exercise your right to remain silent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom