Anyone know of a decent machine shop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a barrel spacer for my can but AAC is impossible to get a hold of since they have been moving the past few months.
I need to find a machine that can make one for me, It's made out of aluminum and it's 1.08 inches tall, .8755 inches in diameter, and .7445 inches inner diameter. or 27.43x22.2x18.91mm respectively

J.C. Kerns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a machine shop, but I have lathes. If you can provide a drawing (a "print") I'll see if it's something I can do. As I'm a home shop hobbyist, I can do small one-off projects that a real machine shop can not afford to do.

Instant Message me here if you're interested.

Best regards,
J.C.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a barrel spacer for my can but AAC is impossible to get a hold of since they have been moving the past few months.
I need to find a machine that can make one for me, It's made out of aluminum and it's 1.08 inches tall, .8755 inches in diameter, and .7445 inches inner diameter. or 27.43x22.2x18.91mm respectively

Is this what you're looking for? I don't have any idea how this spacer will work, I tried applying the tolerances from what I imagine it's for.

J.C. Kerns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can build that. As long as it's not an integral part of the suppressor itself. I saw it on AAC's website offered for sale as an "accessory", and not a "part". Not currently available.
I'll have to wait to get the raw material. Should be just a few days.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I machined at Tinker until I retired and never saw a .xxxx tolerance on Aluminum. Not saying it can't be done and in fact I can do it on a Harbor Freight bench top lathe but it's hit & miss at times.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the updates gentleman.
That is the shape and size.
It just takes the place of the spring for fixed barrel weapons so the suppressor can function appropriately. One of the other members on here did contact me however and they have an extra one I am going to buy.
I would say though, I bet you guys could make a killing if you listed some on eBay. AAC has a backlist dating back to June or July so a little supply and demand could make a decent profit. They usually sell for $15 or so but I bet you could get $40-50

Latest posts

Top Bottom