Anyone shooting .458 SOCOM??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty cool, those big bore AR's are just fun in a way that makes big smiles after each shot. I've never shot a .458 SOCOM, I went with the .50 Beowulf but I imagine they have similar effect on the human smile. I was impressed that mine easily pounded a steel plate at 100 yards without a miss despite not being completely sighted in yet.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not ever had my hands on the .50 BW yet. I do not know a lot about them. I should look into them some. Now I am new to this Big Bore AR thing. Deal with ARs for years but 5.56 is the main one. I put together a .300 B.O. a few months ago and do not have a lot of luck with it. So now I am going to have some fun with this .458 Socom.

Now if you ever make it this way, look me up, and I will let you try this bad boy out. that is if I have any ammo. So far I just got 6 rds. to test fire.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I toyed with the idea of a .458 SOCOM upper last year, and asked questions about it on this forum. I let it slide when I found out how much the ammo costs :shocked:

Before anyone asks, I'm not a reloader. Yet.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I toyed with the idea of a .458 SOCOM upper last year, and asked questions about it on this forum. I let it slide when I found out how much the ammo costs :shocked:

Before anyone asks, I'm not a reloader. Yet.

I should be re loading on this, but one of the guys that got me into the .458 Socom is loading all my ammo for me. And when we find factory ammo for about .20 to .30 cents more then the reloads, we buy them. The reloads are still almost as high. I have seen 100pc. of brass for $140.00 to $160.00. I can tell you now I will not be shooting this gun very often!!!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not ever had my hands on the .50 BW yet. I do not know a lot about them. I should look into them some. Now I am new to this Big Bore AR thing. Deal with ARs for years but 5.56 is the main one. I put together a .300 B.O. a few months ago and do not have a lot of luck with it. So now I am going to have some fun with this .458 Socom.

Now if you ever make it this way, look me up, and I will let you try this bad boy out. that is if I have any ammo. So far I just got 6 rds. to test fire.

Cool, if you end up in OKC let me know and I'll let you shoot the Beowulf, I've got plenty of ammo.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been wanting one forever. I can't stand the though of loosing my brass. I almost called tony up the other day when he posted that. Glad to hear you are happy with it. I wish people would quit spending my money for me on other stuff besides guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom