Anyone shooting .458 SOCOM??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been wanting one forever. I can't stand the though of loosing my brass. I almost called tony up the other day when he posted that. Glad to hear you are happy with it. I wish people would quit spending my money for me on other stuff besides guns.
I am fixing to take mine out today to test. But when I talked it over with a good friend he said he looked into all the kits that is on the market and this kit is the best buy for the money. $299.00 for the barrel and bolt, $30.00 for the gas block and $30.00 for the Flash hider. I got a kit for the guy that is helping me with my shop and he loves it.

I was looking at the web page and he also has the 12" pistol barrels. I may need to get one more kit for my SBR next

Now here is my Hog gun... YHM Lower/upper, DSA stock kit(this is going to get upgraded very soon) YHM rail. with the Tromix .458 barrel kit. Enjoy.
[Broken External Image]

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Wilson Combat 14.7" lightweight barrel, with their modular hanguard. I also bought their titanium Whisper suppressor. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to shoot it today.... at $3.00 a round I only put 4 rounds down range. This was to test only, did not sight it in. The first 2 I had a FTF with it. Then I was loading the next 2 in the mag and my the guy that had the land said something about the mag not being cut down and we milled off a bit in the front and tried it again. At this point it ran the next 2 rounds as it should. Very happy with it. Now I need to find a good scope to put on it.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a quick pic of mine. I'll try to post pics and vids of us shooting it suppressed next week.
image.jpg

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to shoot it today.... at $3.00 a round I only put 4 rounds down range. This was to test only, did not sight it in. The first 2 I had a FTF with it. Then I was loading the next 2 in the mag and my the guy that had the land said something about the mag not being cut down and we milled off a bit in the front and tried it again. At this point it ran the next 2 rounds as it should. Very happy with it. Now I need to find a good scope to put on it.

$3 a round? Sheesh, my .50 Beowulf ammo is just a bit over a $1 a round for factory ammo.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
.458 SOCOM, having no parent case, and being a necked case, requires steps to produce..........so sure it's going to be more expensive. The .50B's parent case is a the .50AE, so there's little production steps involved. Only $5 difference in a bag of 100 for brass between the two at Midway.....SOCOM is $5 higher. If you can come up with some .458 SOCOM brass, you'll be able to reload cheaper for the SOCOM than Beowulf all day long, .458 bullets are just a little cheaper than .50's and and there are 10x the .458 bullet variety and weights available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom